PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Brilliant Black bird poo problem

fruitbat
20-05-2008, 09:11 AM
This question was originally posted on the A6 forum in thread but I would like more feedback from you good people if you have any.

If your Audi is Brilliant Black I would really like your help to figure out whether my A6 has a paint problem so I can revisit my dealer with more information/ammo.

I have a new (3 months old) A6 in Brilliant Black. My only complaint with it is that it's extremely prone to surface marking from bird sh*t, in fact I think the bird sh*t is harder than the paint. I have already been back to the dealer to complain and apparently "that's to be expected with that colour". Is it ? It wasn't expected by me, that's for sure.

The car is well cared for with copious amounts of polish for various systems as advised by Rich at Polished Bliss http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/ in vain attempts to protect it, but with no success so far.

The problem is that every bird deposit that is left say more than say 30 minutes eats into the paint surface leaving marks that can only be expunged with a machine polisher loaded with TCut-type polish. No amount of hand polishing can get rid of them (Believe me I have spent literally hours trying).

Does anyone else have this trouble with Brilliant black ? Is it "to be expected" ? Or does mine have a paint problem ? Or is there a treatment that can be applied to stop this trouble ?

All information gratefully received.

prolfe
20-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a brilliant black. It seems to be thin, very thin. Stone chips and scratches show up and go through to the metal underneath, really easily.

Bird poo doesn't seem to be a problem, will check next time.

As for treatments: claying might offer a better protection to bird doodoo.

fruitbat
21-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Did you have the AutoGlym LifeShine ?

prolfe
21-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Did you have the AutoGlym LifeShine ?

Nah, just straight out of the box.