PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel judder between 60 and 70 when braking.

Robin Vitiello
19-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi there. Anyone got any other suggestions as to what this fault might be. I think I probably already know the answer will be distorted discs, but these were replaced on my 02 Alhambra (115 bhp tdi)only about 15 months ago (roughly 12000 miles) together with new pads. The judder (more like wobble on the steering wheel is not terrible but definitely there. When driving (not braking) all seems fine no steering wheel wobble at any speed fro mlow up to 70 plus (not much).

Almost certain it will have to be distored discs again, and annoying as they are still new, but not terrible, but just looking to see if anyone has any other suggestions foir any other possible cause to check out before i go for replacing them again.

Only other thing is any other part of the linkages particularly prone to wear. The Alhambra has done around 47000 miles now. If I have the car up on a ramp might as well change any obvious bits there and then as well.

Thanks

Robin Vitiello
19-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi there. just to update, the garage that put the discs on for me checked them out and one of the discs was slightly distorted. Because they were so new, albeit over the year old they went back tyo the suppliers who have supplied replacements. Great result. Also the knocking was slight wear on the drop link -also replaced. Great garage!!

Cheers

mluton
19-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Nice one mate