PDA

View Full Version : 2002 1.6 sport driver information system

shjh01
19-05-2008, 09:25 PM
i have a 2002 sport and was wondering y my screen does not display the outside temp? i do not have the driver information system but the handbook clearly states that the outside temp is displayed on models without the system. my display also does not inform me of blown bulbs! the book says it should. any help please??

Issac Hunt
19-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Not everything in the hanbook will apply to every vehicle. If you dont have the DIS then where can the outside temp or a blown bulb indication be displayed?

Has your outside temp ever been displayed inside your car?

shjh01
19-05-2008, 10:09 PM
DIS is the big screen i have the half screen which is with out the DIS it only tells me when i need a service and also displays warning lights for temp, brakes, lights, oil etc although it now does not display a blown bulb and it is supposed to. the book says the system i have as in the half screen none DIS displays the temp continusiously. i only recently bought the car.

omegadirective
20-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Do you have any errors at the moment displaying? When I get an error, such as just now I'm in desperate need of petrol, nothing else is displayed.

I don't have the DIS either, although I'm an '00 plate and I still get service indicators, fault warnings, etc.

Does anything appear on the screen?

EDIT:

This cluster seems to be a slightly different one than we do. Maybe a custom one, but it looks like the same small HUD we have in our cars. Mine doesn't give the MPG though :(

http://www.robinboyes.com/robinboyes_files/image025.jpg

This I believe is the DIS on a newer car:

http://www.autospectator.com/uploads/Other/Manufacturing/Visteon_jag.jpg

shjh01
20-05-2008, 10:14 AM
thanks for the reply. yes i get the fuel one and the ok when i start i had the temp warning when i bought the car but fixed now. when you are stopped with the car running hit the left clock stalk twice and it does a check of the car. blown bulbs are supposed to be displayed and i had one and the car didn say. yea nice pic i think the first one was the original DIS.

omegadirective
20-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Ah, maybe it's a faulty temp unit then? I would think that would come up with a warning though.

I never saw the original DIS, so maybe you're right! :p

I haven't had any major problems with anything picked up onboard, but I'll give it a go at lunch and see. Maybe there will be something I can learn from it.

omegadirective
20-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Checked my computer at lunch and it registers everything correctly and doesn't find any faults, so I'm fairly happy it's working.

Sorry, couldn't find anything to help you... :( Maybe phone Audi and ask. It won't cost you anything more than the price of a phone call. Maybe they can tell you if it's come up before.

shjh01
20-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for your reply. When I say original I mean the older version which only used the small screen. the newer ones use the bigger one. I think I will call thanks.