PDA

View Full Version : coiles or air suspension ??

a3-watty
19-05-2008, 02:33 PM
i have a big debate wich should i get coiovers or air suspension

both have big pluses but big down points

with air u can raise or lower as u wish with the push of a button but cost a hell of a lot of money and requires alot of work to fit you lose most of your boot space !

with coilovers its relativly cheap easy to fit but once its decked its decked need a garage to change it get to keep your boot tho means plenty of space for tunes

now you see my delema any help sugestions ??

adamss24
19-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Depends what you want. Airbags are far better than hydraulics, but they dont handle that well as springs and dampers or coilovers. If its ultimate handling you want, get coilovers or a good quality spring and shocks kit, if its just cruising you after, then have airbags fitted. Most decent kits have small tanks but powerfull compessors, wich can fit in the spare wheel well. Fit 2 pumps and upgraded valves + a biggere tank and your ride will be able to hop arround ! Also, if you decide to fill the boot with heavy ice, then fit airbags, at least you could make the car look level.

a3-watty
19-05-2008, 10:59 PM
aye man youv got a fair point am not after great handeling but dont want to have a car that will go straight threw a corner ether its just something i started thinking about after readin WV performance

the boot will be loaded with ice as this is going to be a show car lol

i didnt know that you could get tanks and compressors that small

would anyine know a place to get quotes on air suspension ???

adamss24
20-05-2008, 07:57 AM
If you look in last month Performance VW, there is a white b5 passat estate fitted with airbags by Rayvern Hydraulics. Do a search on the net and bob's your uncle ! Another option is to fit a kit by Mr Chili customs or something ... they started selling DIY kits- with remote control and all thats needed- a good few years ago ! Also, there are tanks for LPG that have the shape of the spare wheel well, it would not take much to modify one to work as a air tank ! The pump/compressor and the solenoid valves are much easyer to hide within the boot....