PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Probs

spo666
19-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi All.

I have a 2.0TDI and suddenly the cruise control has stopped working.
I have had a look at the fuse list and there doesn't appear to be one??

Anyone had the same problem or can help I would be most grateful.

Paul

Issac Hunt
19-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Do you know anyone with access to VAG-COM?

Where in the country are you? Maybe someone can scan it for you....

spo666
19-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi,
No I don't know anyone with VAG_COM and I am in Manchester.

paul

Issac Hunt
19-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Its a great thing to invest in for situations like this! I'd be happy to scan it and investigate it for you but I'm afraid I live in Hampshire!

You say you couldnt find a fuse for it? I dont think there is a specific fuse just for the CC, It will linked in through another circuit. Could be worth checking all the fuses. I take it everything else works fine?

spo666
19-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes, as far as I can tell, everything else is working fine.

Issac Hunt
19-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Well if no other fuses have failed/blown? You really need it scanning, the cruise stalk could be faulty as could the CCU. You cant really start throwing parts at it as thats very expensive.

Somewhere like Awesome-gti will scan it if you cant find anyone local with a VAG-COM.

spo666
19-05-2008, 03:34 PM
OK. Thanks I will try and find someone to scan it:beerchug:

acompta
13-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Gents
I have a 2003 A4 TDI .9 with the same problem on a Cruise Control.
Problem is I live in South Africa and the parts are ridiculously expensive. i.e. 270GBP for a window mechanism with out the motor. Did you find a solution to the cruise control problem?

Heathy
13-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I was just about to start a thread about the exact same thing, i noticed mine had stopped working last night, it worked fine last weekend.
I too looked in the fuse list, and like you say nothing there.
Have you had yours looked at yet?

spo666
17-09-2008, 12:48 PM
It turned out to be a sensor on the clutch pedal, its fine now.

Heathy
19-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Did you get that fixed at a dealer? How much did it cost?
I hope mine is the same as yours, after the luck ive been having with this car

jontB5
19-09-2008, 01:49 PM
The controls on the stalk can stop working due to dust/grime getting in to the switches. Try gently popping it apart and cleaning contacts before doing anything too expensive.

OrangeCelty
24-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I have the same problem. Was driving this morning and then the cruise control became intermittent. The other problem I'm have when the cruise stops working is that the acceleration is then limited also, it's as if the power is limited. Someone advised removing the cruise control fuse but after looking in the manual there doesn't appear to be one.

Anyone with cruise control problems encounter the acceleration problem too?

Thanks.

Heathy
25-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Not sure what that could be. Seems like our probs were just a case of just not working, with no other symptoms!
Good luck with it. Mine turned out to be the sensor on the accelerator pedal too

FLIPKEY
25-03-2009, 08:50 PM
It turned out to be a sensor on the clutch pedal, its fine now.

Mine was same problem "switch on clutch pedal" all ok now.

rhc21
26-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Orangecelty,
I had/have the problem with accel and cruise. It has only happened when it's raining hard and cruies is engaged. Quite disconcerting when you're in the fast lane and the power starts to die!! I also get eng. management warning lights come on.
I've noticed that if I switch the stalk to off, switch off the ignition and start again the problem goes. I've vag commed it and get a list of faults, so far haven't bothered taking it back to audi will get them to look at the next service.
I suspected it was water getting onto some connections in or around the ecu under the bonnet. I removed the lid and made sure it was positioned and tightened down correctly. So far not had the problem again but then I usually make sure cruise is off in the rain.
Not problems at all with cruise otherwise.