PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!!!!

project_1983
18-05-2008, 07:00 PM
looking at either putting good ridge brake hoses or samco hoses on my 1983 golf gx, does it matter that in the catalogue they say for gti??
also does anyone know if they are reeves callipers on the mk1's?? on the good ridge website it says that they could be??

also got a problem with the cooling system atm, fan doesnt seem to want to run regularly, checked fuse not that no blockages. any ideas or solutions welcome!!! please help!!

got a few more problems too but ill leave them for another time lol!!!

Crasher
18-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Just about all Golf 1’s use ATE (Alfred Teves) front calipers so the Goodridge hoses are all the same, except for those cars which have Lucas Girling front calipers and these were only fitted to a few 1500 JB engined Golf 1’s around 1981 to 83 so that includes your car. Can you take a pic of one of the calipers and post it. I stock the hose kits for the Golf 1 if you are interested. Does the cooling fan run at all?

project_1983
18-05-2008, 07:15 PM
i dont know about the fan, havent been driving it and havent had the time to mess about with it recently, i am interested definately in the hoses yes!!!

i will have to post a picture tomorrow for you if thats ok??

any ideas at all about the fan / coolant?? it boils in the coolant resevoir!!! :confused:

well worried!!

cheers for quick reply too pal, means i can crack on tomorrow if i get an answer tonight!! god i hate not knowing alot about cars!!