PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

Lectrician
18-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry if this is in the incorrect forum, perhaps a mod could sort that if this is the case!

Seat Ibiza, 2003.

The switch in the drivers door than controls the open/locking of the doors has decided it is no longer going to work.

I fiddled with the key, ignition, door lock and eventually managed to get it working again somehow, but now it is dead again.

I also have the feature turned on which locks the doors when you hit a certain speed. Obviously this is now really annoying with this button not working, as when I stop to pick someone up or let them out, I have to turn the ignition off and then use the remote on the key.

So, two questions.

1 - Is there away to reset the central locking? Assuming this may make the door button work again.

2 - Is there away to turn of the feature that locks the doors at a certain speed with out the need to visit a dealer? I am sure it can be done somehow.

Whilst here, off topic, how do you reset a Seat Inca's service indicator? Not essential I know, but would be good to reset it - The garage that services my van have no idea!

Thanks for any help!

Vagmad79
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
DONT KNOW IF YA VAN IS THE SAME SERVICE RESET AS MY IBIZA BUT TRY THIS M8. WITH IGNITION SWITCHED ON PRESS AND HOLD MILEAGE RESET BUTTON BELOW SPEEDO AND HOLD DOWN WHILST TURNING OFF IGNITION AND THEN RELEASE BUTTON OEL SHOULD COME UP SO PRESSMILEAGE RESET AGAIN TO DISPALY IN O1 AND THEN IN O2 WHEN INO2 IS DISPLAYED USE THE POINT OF A PEN TO PRESS AND HOLD LOWER CLOCK TIME BUTTON UNTIL DISPALY SHOWS - - - - - TURN ON IGNITION AGAIN AND OEL SHOULD COME UP SO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING AND CLEAR OEL. WHEN YOU TURN ON IGNITION AGAIN IN 00 SHOULD SHOW WHICH MEANS NO SERVICE IS DUE. HOPE THIS HELPS M8.:confused: