PDA

View Full Version : RNS 510 Aux In connection problem

P_Newby
17-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I have a new Touran Sport fitted with a RNS 510 Navigation System, all appears to be working fine other than I can not seem to get the Aux-In socket working. I have enabled it in the setup and connected an IPod to the 3.5mm socket in the armrest. Unfortunately I get no sound at all from the unit, I have tested the IPod and it is fine.

I do not have the full media socket just the Aux-in socket. I also tried a PSP and this also did not work.

The volume on the RNS is up, the input volume has been set to high and low and the IPod and PSP have been set with high output.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't get it working at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul.

fredrick2513
18-05-2008, 06:15 PM
it seems like you've tried all I would have, unless you have a faulty connector cable... have you tried another?.. I've come across that before .. the only other thing that it could be is that the Aux connector is faulty if you have pushed the plug in fully.
F.

P_Newby
18-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately I have tried two cables, one new and one I know works as it is my PC cable. I will take it back as I suspect that it is a faulty connector or that when they fitted a bluetooth car kit they have they have dislodged a connector on the back of the radio.

I can't believe that VW were unable to provide a BT adapter for the RNS 510 in the Touran, they had to fit a Parrott CK3100 instead, apparently it is not available yet in the UK for the car but clearly the radio itself is ready to accept it and it is available as an option on the Tiguan.

Really frustrating :zx11: that there is a button that says PHONE but doesn't do anything and the option isn't available for factory fit.

Thanks for the reply I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Paul.

P_Newby
30-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Just heard from VW the AUX socket works fine when the Parrot BT CK3100 is not connected (trouble is VW fitted the car kit) I now have to take this back to the dealer who fitted it. It only took 2 days to find this fault!:aargh4:

Have tried an Ipod and cable in an EOS and Tiguan and it worked fine in both.

At least we know what is causing the problem.

P_Newby
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Finally got it fixed, however the first garage managed to break the BT car kit so the garage had to fix both the BT and the problem it was causing on the AUX socket.

At least it all works now.

Paul.

Craig Campbell
05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
How did you get it fixed? Were you connecting with the audio jack in the 3.5mm socket or a USB cable?

I have a 2008 2.0 TDI EOS Sport with RCD 510 console. I have a USB port and a 3.5mm jack port. I want to connect my phone to the car to listen to music, podcasts etc. This worked fine with my previous phone, a HTC Desire. However, i have now upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). This no longer supports USB Mass storage, so i cannot mount the phone via USB cable. I have, therefore, had to connect my phone to the car via the 3.5 mm jack. Unfortunately, this only works on occasion (approx 35% of the time). I have to press the on-screen AUX-IN button on screen when i have pressed the physical “Media” button down the side of the screen. However, often, the on screen button is not enabled.

Anyone know how to reliably connect via the 3.5mm jack socket?