PDA

View Full Version : Service clock

lucas88
17-05-2008, 01:59 PM
No doubt, a few people will be interested in this one..

I'm sure that there's a way of resetting the service clock manually on a B6 as I know that there's a way to do it on the same model Passat.... (by manually i mean without vag-com)
Does anyone know how to? It says that I need to have it serviced in 200 miles but I want to wait untill next month to get it serviced, when I get back from holiday, and I can't be assed with it flashing up every time that I start the car.

Cheers Guys

Lucas

ram33
17-05-2008, 02:16 PM
To reset the "SERVICE!" warning indicator ignition must be "off". Hold in the wrench button on instrument cluster, and at the same time turn your key forward (without starting). While still holding the "wrench" button in, press the "0,0" button and hold until the "SERVICE!" notification clears (about 2-3 seconds).

lucas88
17-05-2008, 06:23 PM
That was gloriously easy. Nice one Ram

macker6464
21-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Doh!!

I just tried and failed to remove the Service Warning on my 2007 B6 Passat Estate.

Annoying cos I bought it 8 months ago at 12.5k miles and it has now 19.5k and keeps nagging me for a service.

I popped into the local VDub garage and they said it wasn't required until 22.5k miles or 1 year and just needed the Service Warning resetting.

However they could not reset it as it was serviced elsewhere.

So either:
1. Suffer until the service - 4 plus months
2. Go back to dealer who sold it for a reset

Your method talked about rotating the key, mine is a fat key fob that slips in.

I tried many variants on a theme but apart from also getting a blister on the tip of my finger I achieved not a lot!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sam
21-05-2008, 02:17 PM
This is the B6 Audi forum.

The B6 Passat is a totally different car and platform.

Try this;

Hold the wrench button in while inserting the key. Then, press and release the "min" button and then press and release the wrench button again.

Asad
21-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi guys,

Just to ask, does the above (manual way of resetting the service indicator), re-set it to another 10,000 miles or 1 year ?

Cheers

macker6464
21-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Cheers for that MYCARSAVW

Sorry about hogging the wrong forum but I really do find the search facility a bit ropey at times and it has come up with the goods!

Yippee.

The solution was as you said but didn't need that extra press.

Hold the wrench button in while inserting the key. Then, press and release the "min" button.

Incidentally Asad it has reset it to 10000 miles next service. I checked this by ignition on, press the wrench - it now states 9600 miles (cos I went 400 miles over).

Great forum, great help

Cheers again!

Sam
21-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Cheers for that MYCARSAVW

Sorry about hogging the wrong forum but I really do find the search facility a bit ropey at times and it has come up with the goods!

I thought you maybe thought that the two cars were the same ;)

Don't worry, it should help others in the future too.

The search feature is brilliant if you know what you're searching for, but when there's a lot of common terms (service+reset) it tends to get a little swamped with useless results.

ChrisBee
22-05-2008, 01:01 PM
To reset the "SERVICE!" warning indicator ignition must be "off". Hold in the wrench button on instrument cluster, and at the same time turn your key forward (without starting). While still holding the "wrench" button in, press the "0,0" button and hold until the "SERVICE!" notification clears (about 2-3 seconds).

I finally managed to log back in (thanks tiscali :aargh4:) and was coming on to ask about this as I've just serviced my car at the weekend and wanted it resetting.

Think I read this too quickly the first time as was going to ask what the wench button was... mine doesn't have a wench button. Was this an option I missed??

lucas88
22-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Its a picture of a spanner on the instrument keys. its in between the "0,0" and "check" buttons underneath the dash instruments (speedo etc). (On the right)

ChrisBee
27-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks Lucas, got that one. But did think it said wench rather than wrench... :D

lucas88
27-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Just read what you wrote. how slow of me...... *embarrasing*