PDA

View Full Version : Collected my new A4 yesterday!!

pauldoherty
17-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi all,

Aftermonths of waiting and scouring the web for reviews / photos I finally picked up my A4 yesterday. I live in Derry in Northern Ireland and I ended up getting the ferry across to Stranraer and drove to Carlisle to meet the guy from the leasing company - all was okay till I got stuck in the Rangers traffic coming back from Manchester! Needless to say I never really got a chance to look around the car until I got to the ferry at Stranraer, it was just pedal to the metal all the way!

I have to say, I absolutely love it. Only the 2.0 TDI SE standard model, but it is a joy to be in and drive - I think I ended up with the dealer - fitted sensors coz there aren't any controls on the MMI to increase the volume of the beeps, but that aside it is amazing and well worth the wait.

I wonder has anybody tried putting SD cards in larger than 2GB - not a big deal but I have filled my first SD and am going to buy some more - 4 would be handier. By the way, the SD feature and controls is fantastic - why bother with CDs?

I will post some pics shortly, but as I said its a standard model in Phantom Black.

RichardCranium
17-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Once you get over 2GB the cards tend to be SDHC (whatever that means). I've read on here somewhere that the stereo wont read them for some reason

volmmer
17-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats! Still waiting for mine.
Now...pictures please....:Blush:

Smudge973
17-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Pics pics pics pics - please!

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago - (leasing company) and they have give me 14th of July for delivery!

I ruddy hope so!

Enjoy the car!

MackemMan
17-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Mine was scheduled to be built next week, but got a call yesterday from my dealer - car has been delivered to the showroom. Seems the salesman was on holiday & nobody tracked the car for him.

Trouble is I haven't got insurance sorted or cash in my bank account. Both in hand but have to wait until Thursday to pick it up.

Went to the showroom to sit in it & have a play. The SD player is brilliant - 40 albums on one 2GB SD card. To think I nearly ordered a 6CD multichanger.

Think it will take a little while to get used to the starter & the brake. Both so different to my A3. It really seems funny sitting in the drivers seat with no brake by your left side.

Not taxed so didn't get beyond starting the engine.

Why on earth does it have such huge drinks holders. Don't Audi know you can't drink & drive - even coffee. Much better if the space had been used for general storage.

Mine is Aruba Blue - looks great even though the car has not yet been valeted.

browellm
17-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Why on earth does it have such huge drinks holders. Don't Audi know you can't drink & drive - even coffee. Much better if the space had been used for general storage.

Mine is Aruba Blue - looks great even though the car has not yet been valeted.

Probably because the Americans go loopy for cup holders. It's unnatural I tell you.

Saw an Aruba Blue one the other day. Very nice choice mate.

I slightly regret not having more of a look at Sphere Blue, and that Liquid Blue one now. Oh well, maybe next time.

derekm
21-05-2008, 03:23 PM
In NI here too. Mine is at dealers and hopefully be ready for collection on Fri or Monday.
2.0 TDI SE, Aruba Blue, Rear parking, Phone Prep.

omegadirective
21-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Once you get over 2GB the cards tend to be SDHC (whatever that means). I've read on here somewhere that the stereo wont read them for some reason

Secure Digital High Capacity. It allows you to have a 2GB+ sized card because it uses a different memory addressing scheme for the storage locations on the card.

To make the devices SDHC compliant would have probably cost Audi more money per device and therefore decided against it. Unless it's an extortionate upgrade? Which of course is possible...

Anyway, enough of my geekiness. Yeah, I work in IT... :(

If you want to know about SDHC cards, check here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC). :o

But I think this (http://www.getfrank.co.nz/assets/images/Halfwidth/NewFolder/audi3.jpg) would cheer people up more! :biglaugh:

Samurai1466
21-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Derekm... If you are looking at you car at the dealer before collecting, please post a few pics as I've also ordered an Aruba Blue A4 and can't wait to see the colour!

;)

B6Andy101
21-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Probably because the Americans go loopy for cup holders. It's unnatural I tell you.

Saw an Aruba Blue one the other day. Very nice choice mate.

I slightly regret not having more of a look at Sphere Blue, and that Liquid Blue one now. Oh well, maybe next time.

Also got an S Line in Lava Grey on the way....good choice fella.

derekm
22-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Derekm... If you are looking at you car at the dealer before collecting, please post a few pics as I've also ordered an Aruba Blue A4 and can't wait to see the colour!

;)

As soon as I get it I will take some pics and post them.