PDA

View Full Version : Dirt in fog lights!!

Heathy
15-05-2008, 11:39 PM
My A4 avant 2005 has what looks like bits of leaves/bugs inside the fog lights, at the bottom!
Has anyone else got or had this problem?
Can they be accessed easily?

elPaulio
16-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi there,

Not seen it myself but is sounds like water has got in and corroded the silver lining on the housing which has then dropped down to the bottom of the unit.
Either that or there is a gaping great hole somewhere!!
If you get right down and look up into the for lights is it silver all the way around??

As for accessing them I wouldn't think so, they are generally well sealed to stop water getting in an if you got the glass off then getting a good seal again would be hit or miss! I could be wrong though, it has been known once or twice :D

Cheers

Paul :biglaugh:

GH20TDI
16-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I have exactly the same problem - it is bugs and not rust or other debris. I scratched my head a bit about it as I too thought they out to be sealed units.
I have not investigated any further, and it is only on the passenger side that I have the problem, but would be interested in what you find out.

Redzer
16-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Dont know about the new model A6 but the fog lights on the old one have a kind of vent pipe on the back maybe thats how the flies are getting in.

on that model you have to take off the fog light to replace the bulbs, the back of the fog light opens to get at the bulb, should be able to clean the flies out it out that way

Heathy
16-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Nice 1 redzer....i will give that a go soon, cheers!!