PDA

View Full Version : Which Tyres

Jason Burrell
15-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I am running Dunlop SP Sports 215/55 R16 on my 2.0 FSI and am looking to replace the front tyres, I find the Dunlops a slightly noisy ride and was wondering if anybody had any feed back on other brands.

chirodian
15-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Jason

I have a 2.0 tfsi sport 2008, runs on Pirelli P Zeros factory fit (235/45/17) grip really well wet or dry and in my opinion are quiet, i did own a sporty astra before so my opinion may be biased.

Cheers

Ro

RIDGMONT61
15-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased new tyres for my wife's Polo recently that purchasing them from my local VW dealer was cheaper than the normal tyre outlets.

I always try to fit the standard factory fit tyres to my car's and wil do when my B6 Passat needs new ones - I am unsure whether they are better or worse for performance but I like to keep the car completely standard with only VW parts and accessories - I have had a few problems buying non-standard parts in the past.

It may be worth trying what your dealer suggests - and the price may also be competitive.

Quatrelle
16-05-2008, 05:22 PM
There was an earlier thread on tyres -

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=29885

there might be others....

shuggie
16-05-2008, 05:55 PM
i was told that if you change the tyre's they have to be the same as the ones the car had from new or it can affect the warranty:confused:

angus
16-05-2008, 08:52 PM
i was told that if you change the tyre's they have to be the same as the ones the car had from new or it can affect the warranty:confused:

But was that on April 1st?:biglaugh:

shuggie
17-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Funny enough ANGUS it was somebody from sheep sh---gers country that told me that coulda been APRIL 1st too:beerchug:

angus
17-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Yep. the Welsh have a strange sense of humour!

gamichea
19-05-2008, 08:36 PM

I think someone was lifting your leg if they meant brand of tyre ;).
For MOT purposes they must be the correct size for the vehicle/wheel size combination, the correct speed rating (or better) and the correct load rating and that is reasonable for warranty, too because failure to adhere to those criteria means the vehicle is not legal for road use.