PDA

View Full Version : Convert back window to electric

malfranco
15-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone,

It no big deal, but can you convert the wind up windows in the back of my
A4 130 bhp 52 plate into electric or is it not worth it.

Cheers

Turbokiisseli
15-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes you can. You'll need either new doorcards without the window crank holes and with the electrical window switches or new handles for you current doorcards with holes for the switches. You'll also need a new window master switch for the driver's door and a new door handle with holes for all 4 window switches.

Besides the switches, you'll also need the electric window mech and motors, so in my opinion it's not worth the trouble.

RickT
15-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes you can. You'll need either new doorcards without the window crank holes and with the electrical window switches or new handles for you current doorcards with holes for the switches. You'll also need a new window master switch for the driver's door and a new door handle with holes for all 4 window switches.

Besides the switches, you'll also need the electric window mech and motors, so in my opinion it's not worth the trouble.

As above really, its can be done easy enough but its the cost factor..

If i was you and wanted to do it, keep your eye on ebay for any decent deals..

Rick

StuPDi
15-05-2008, 05:13 PM
this is my 1st car in years that doesnt have electric rears, but i never sit in the back so it doesnt really bother me that much!

however, it is nice to drop the back window at some junctions where the angle doesnt allow to look directly through the front passenger window!

Stu

RickT
15-05-2008, 09:13 PM
however, it is nice to drop the back window at some junctions where the angle doesnt allow to look directly through the front passenger window!

Stu

Thats one thing i do like.... In the winter when its raining i find that really useful pulling out of a junction on my way to work each day!

Rick

StuPDi
15-05-2008, 10:44 PM
can also be quieter dropping the rear's half an inch than having the front windows down :)
however, i never turn my climate off anyway!!!

Stu