PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Just bought my first Audi, a 90!

iokarus
14-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi forum, just thought i would pop a note in here.

Ive recently bought an Audi 90 after my Ford Sierra was carelessly written off by a man in a landrover who hit me while i was parked.

Picked up the 90 for 300 pounds which is just about my normal price range for cars, as you would expect for a car this cheap it has a few niggles like the normal drop on the drivers door. It definately needs a service, its the 10v version but it doesnt feel as perky as i expected so i will do a full service and hopefully that will revive it a bit.

I was hoping for some quick advice on a couple of problems. First, the temp gauge isnt rising at all, is there a common problem related to this on these models?

Also there is a squeel on full lock even when stationary, i guessed this was the belt on the power steering pump but im open to suggestions if its a common problem.

Lastly the wheel isnt centred and it pulls a little to the left, also steering is a bit vague. Im going to have the tracking done, any suggestions on other problems? Is there a common fault with the front suspension at all?

Im thinking of lowering it just to tighten up the handling a bit as ive never been overly concerned about ride comfort.

Thanks
Phil

RickT
14-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the Forum!!

Drop a post into our 90 section where im sure one of our members will be able to help you out!

Cheers

Rick

Ben
17-05-2008, 07:15 PM
welcome to the site