PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi 80 Dash 'N' Door Speakers

sdk778
14-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi, has anyone got any idea what size speakers i need to replace the OE ones in the dash and rear doors on my 1994 80? The OE ones are best past it now and i want to try and keep it looking semi-stock, any help please folks.

:1zhelp:

Eclipse car Audio
14-05-2008, 01:30 PM
The ones on your dash are 10cm (4 inch in old money) - not sure about the rear door ones

con1981
14-05-2008, 01:54 PM
do speakers wear out? i had an 89 coupe no problems with sound quality got rid of the stock head unit and replaced it for a sony one. What sort of music are you playing? do you need speaker that have greater frequency range. You must be playing that music loud to need replacing the speakers! :D

From what i've been told if your after loud don't look at max output but RMS value gives you are better idea as to how loud they will go and still give a clear sound.

P.s sdk778 nice pic :biglaugh:

sdk778
14-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Speakers don't wear out as such, just technology evolves and sound becomes clearer, crisper with more warmth, i enjoy music of all types and not at loud volumes either, the current speakers are, i feel, not up to standard with what is available from todays market, we are talking about something that is nigh on 15 years old and in need of up-dating, i wouldn't keep any AV/HiFi equipment for 15 years due to the fact that there is always something better that needn't cost the earth, trust me once you have heard newer, clearer sound from modern speakers you realise what you are missing out on, after all, why do Audi fit Bose equipment into there newer models? They no longer fit Nokia speakers into any of there current models due to the fact that they are of low quality, it's all down to personal preference and taste.
Thanks for the comments re, the picture of the wife.

:beerchug:

con1981
14-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I've always found JBl speakers to have good frequency range no distortion when turned up.You can't really do wrong with any of the branded stuff like blaupunkt or sony really depends on your budget I suppose and how much sound u want for your pound!

What i don't understand is why car speaker tend to be more expensive that say home audio units and why none appears to use them interchangeably?

sdk778
14-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Thats buisness for you!!!

I have used JBL in the past, always impressed me i must say, i must confess to being a bit of a Blaupunkt fan too, i have a Blaupunkt DAB head unit in the car at the moment and have been looking at the Blaupunkt speakers, may give them a go, watch this space for a report after the purchase and installation.:approve:

con1981
14-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Nice choice but has DAB really taken off?I've personally gone for the safe option of sony with usb socket for all my musical delights. With an 8gb meme stick I got everything. Aint thought of changing the speaker yet in my bora. I've got a set of JBL 6"speaker in my garage but haven't attempted to take the door cards off yet to see what size speakers are underneath.

p.s that aint your wife is it?:beerchug: