PDA

View Full Version : Warranty blues

AndrewN
30-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi forum friends
I'm a first-time Audi owner (A6 Avant, 1.9Tdi) and although generally very pleased with the car, find myself at loggerheads with Audi over warranty issues (friends warned me about this!!)
There are 2 problems - clutch judder at start-up and a clicky/clonky driver's seat.
For reasons I can't explain the local Audi dealer won't accept either of the problems and Audi UK won't act with out his recommendation (I didn't buy the car from him, can that make a difference?)
I'm left having to; live with the problems, pay for the repairs myself or fight on. I'm going for the latter and think I need to lever Audi UK with an independent assessment.
Does anyone have experience of taking exceptional measures to force Audi to meet warranty obligations?
Any comment/advice gratedfully received.
Thanks in anticipation
Andrew, Guildford UK

RickT
31-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Hi Andy..

First of all... can i have a bit of onfo.... What year is the car??

if within the 3 years... it does not matter where the car came from, Audi have to help you!! (unless its a import then thingss get messy)

If you local dealer is unwilling to help... go to your next local Audi dealer... ensure its a different franchise and expalin your problem.. the other dealer i bet will be more than happy to help as hes taking business from another franchaise within the area....

Explain your issues and take it from there!!

Audi as a whole are nomally very good.. it may just be a "Service manager" whos does not know his something from his elbow..

Lets us know how you get on..

Cheers

RicKT