PDA

View Full Version : New battery causing my problems

Jfella
30-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi there,

I've just changed the battery on my A3 1.8T, and have a couple of problems that I think are as a result of the change.
Firstly, the concert radio as gone into SAFE mode, and the manual directs me to press the TP and RDS buttons simultaneously until "1000" appears, at which point, I should use buttons 1-4 to enter the code that I have. However, when you press both buttons, nothing happens - I've held them down for up to 5 minutes to no avail...

Secondly, my coolant warning light is constantly on. I've ensured that I'm up to the max line with water/anti freeze, and the temp guage is reading normal, so I'd assume that would rule out the drive belt and/or radiator fan etc.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

RickT
31-12-2006, 02:40 AM
in regards to the Radio,,,, im not sure on the procudure on the A3.. however with the manual you have to read it like your a dummy... not skip bits.. (like i always do!!!)

In regards to the coolant... it sounds like a sensor has been tripped... you may need to clear the codes and then it will be ok if all sensors are ok..

Cheers

RicKT

Jfella
31-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks Rick - how do I go about clearing my codes? Is that something that I can do myself, or do I need to take it to the dealer to do?