PDA

View Full Version : year 2000 silver audi a6 tdi rust problem

whatcar
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
hi everyone.just wonder if anyone knows why my audi a6 has got a rust problme in a such early stage? the whole body work is in excellent condition as new but the front 2 arches rust is forming.how can i stop this to continue? thanks

RickT
13-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi,

Have you had the car from new??

The Audi are covered for 12 years anti rust, rusting from the inside out..

Could be worth a trip to the garage for them to assess..

Rick

whatcar
13-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Have you had the car from new??

The Audi are covered for 12 years anti rust, rusting from the inside out..

Could be worth a trip to the garage for them to assess..

Rick

i am not the first owner, will this effect the 12 yrs anti rust cover? are they free? thanks

whatcar
13-05-2008, 10:27 AM
just phoned audi glasgow. they asked me to drive my car there have a look.they said only certain caseds are covered, eg: rust start inside to outside. i have few places start corrision.front wheels arches. the top edge of the windscreen. fingers crossed.hope this could be solved under the warranty.:mad:

lonky
13-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I had my rust done under warrenty at 9.5 years old. Audi provided me an S3 while doing it.

Car was bought privatly with partial service history, so was plesantly suprised.

Audi will cover corrosion covered by fabrication issues, such as the gutter rails. rust from stone chips, poor damage repair etc. will not be covered.

paul b
14-05-2008, 12:20 AM
I assume your car hasn't had a new front end at some stage? If not then I see no reason why they shouldn't cover it.

Paul

whatcar
14-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I assume your car hasn't had a new front end at some stage? If not then I see no reason why they shouldn't cover it.

Paul

thanks for all your replies!

BMorris
17-05-2008, 10:41 AM
thanks for all your replies!

I had a 1995 A6, bought it at 6 years old, with partial service history. I noticed a small bubble on the passenger side wheel arch. I took it to the audi body shop, in Hillsborough, sheffield, and the -wide boy- who ran over it with a meter, said, 'yeah, it's had some paint on it, we won't cover it.' I was certain it hadn't been touched, the rest of the car was immac, although the bonnet had the usual red paint fade. I paid for a report, from a chap in Leeds, who did an extensive survey of the car, cost me just under £100, and his report confirmed I was right, the car had not been re-sprayed, Audi said they would carry out their own report by another independant engineer, who again confirmed the car hadn't been resprayed. This took several months, and further bubbles were appearing on the wheel arch, with similar happening in the driver's side. They still refused to budge. To cut a Loooooong story short, I took them to the smalls claims court, and got £1,500 for the cost of repairs, (they estimated about £600 per wing for replace and re-spray) the cost of report, and fees. It took about 18 months, by which time the car looked a mess. I knew the corrosion should have been covered, the rust came through from under the paint. That car had a 10 year warranty on it, I couldn't see the point of a 12 year warranty, if they were going to refuse 10 year warranties, but I've been driving Audis for 20+ years and don't want to change now. Stick to your guns and take them all the way if you have to...