PDA

View Full Version : faulty s3

lcbandit
12-05-2008, 10:46 PM
hi

my son bought an s3 on an '02 plate last sunday it has 102,000 on the clock and is supposed to be remapped to 265bhp, but no proof of this, test drove it and it seemed fine, the car was advertised as a cat d and this reflected in the price (£6250), it was driven from birmingham to wakefield but at a steady 60 70mph, it did need a service but only the oil one

on monday evening it started to not want to pull at 3000 revs under load, like it was faultering but it was ok if you pulled it through steady. anyway it went in for service on tuesday and was put on the diagnostic, it turns out there was a crack in the intercooler, coils where failing, maf was playing up and need a new ht lead and plugs, this has all been rectified, but it's still was behaving like it was before, someone else looked at it and noticed that the dump valve was faulty so that has now been replaced with a bailey re-circulating one but we are now at a loss as to why it is losing power and it has now started to tap very loudly, we are having an oil pressure test on it tomorrow to make sure the oil pump is running ok, my son is under the impression that the turbo has failed but surely it would kick out blue or white smoke and it
doesn't. so far the car has cost £450 to sort

sorry to be so long winded, im sure there is other stuff that my son said its not doing but can't remember anymore! cant remember what fault codes its reading now either

hope someone might be able to cast a different light on it

now in dispute with the trader who sold us it!

thanks

mandy:1zhelp: