PDA

View Full Version : New, so a few questions.

Rob.H
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

Ive had my A6 about 6 months now, its the 2005 MY, 3.0 TDI, SE.
My previous car was an E46 M3, however due to a couple of fall outs with speed cameras, i got rid due to insurance.

I was just wondering if there is a re-map avalible for the car, if yes, where and how much? What gains will i see from this.

Also, i didnt do a great deal or reserach into the A6 range before buying, and ive now begun to learn that i much prefer the slight exterior differences between the SE and S-Line, is it relativley easy to source the S-Line front and back bumpers? Perhaps the the boot lip spoiler too? Are they straight swaps fitting wise?

And finally, ive noticed when browsing through auto trader, an a6 that had black front grilles, and strips around the windows rather than the crome i have, and also the little chrome strips just above the fog lights?

Is this something that you can buy, or would it be easy to take off the chromes and do them black myself.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rob.

Akash
13-05-2008, 12:18 PM
You can def but the chrome strips...I've seen loads n ebay too
(windows, boot, and front)

I dont know the part numbers but I know Audi offer it too - My 07 plate had serious dis-colourisation on the chrome all round..basically there were water marks all over the chrome that would not go away no matter what you used

They deemed it a fault and replaced it under warranty - if you need the part number, I can grab it off my invoice

Akash
13-05-2008, 12:18 PM
In-fact I checked anyway
I think it's 4F08537652ZZ, 4F08537662ZZ, 4F08537682ZZ, 4F5853927A2ZZ

It is listed as "moulding" on the invoice, I have two others that say Seals but think thats for the clusters that were replaced