PDA

View Full Version : Going cheap now... !!

RickT
30-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Going cheap now... £50k car... ish.... going for £19k

droping money each day...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=PHAETON&min_pr=6000&max_pr=35000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=hx1+2da&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH' rel='nofollow)

Cheers
RicKT

adamss24
30-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah, remember back in '90 when Honda announced that they built a true rival to Ferrary ? It was the old Honda NSX, brilliant drive, brilliant chassy, good looks and an 50 K pounds asking price ! How many you think honda sold? Couple of thousands. Why ? Because no one wants to pay 50-60K to have a Honda badge on a Keyring. The same story with the Faeton, good car, plenty toys and gadgets, brilliant drive, just the wrong badge on the car for the asking price ! If it had 4 rings as a badge i bet it would have sold better ! Remember what VolksWagen stands for ?

RickT
30-12-2006, 06:07 PM
yeah and Honda stoped making the NSX in 2004..

In regards to the Phaeton having the for 4 rings on it,.... thats a A8..

Cheers

RicKT

Teutonic_Tamer
03-03-2007, 02:08 AM
The Phaeton would compare more closely to a Bentley, as they share the same running gear. The A8 is all on its lonesome, with its all aluminium chassis/bodyshell.

RickT
07-03-2007, 01:14 AM
The Phaeton would compare more closely to a Bentley, as they share the same running gear. The A8 is all on its lonesome, with its all aluminium chassis/bodyshell.

True... but as said above... if it had an Audi badge it wont not be going for 15k now... (saw one on trader today for 15k.. bargin!!)

RicKT

Teutonic_Tamer
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
True... but as said above... if it had an Audi badge it wont not be going for 15k now... (saw one on trader today for 15k.. bargin!!)

The Phaeton may be a bargain to purchase, but they are still come with a leviathon price tag for routine maintenance. The whole front end needs to come off for routine servicing, and that W8 motor would be an utter nightmare to work on - Rick - imagine doing the timing belt and water pump on that one ! ;) ;) ;) ;)

MalcQV
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM

RicKT

Maybe, but if it had a Bentley badge on it.... You can pay for a badge, should you?

Sounds like an excellent car for the money. Different strokes for different folks.

RickT
07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
The Phaeton may be a bargain to purchase, but they are still come with a leviathon price tag for routine maintenance. The whole front end needs to come off for routine servicing, and that W8 motor would be an utter nightmare to work on - Rick - imagine doing the timing belt and water pump on that one ! ;) ;) ;) ;)

I know.... now that would be a nightmare!!!

Teutonic_Tamer
09-03-2007, 05:29 PM

I know.... now that would be a nightmare!!!

4 times your present nightmare! ;) :D

Carps
14-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Doing the timing belt would be a cinch... ;)

RickT
06-04-2007, 02:43 AM
yeah... but i have not seen on for sale with that sort of miles on it yet..

RicKT

shooey88
27-04-2007, 06:13 PM
the bentley continetal gt is made in the same factory..i think they made the betley the same is to cut productions costs...as they wernt selling many phaetons

i didnt think the phaetons had a cambelt so you wouldnt need for it to be replaced. the timing chain should last and not need to be replaced.

its a pity the R32 mark 4s arent dropping in price

its all about supply and demand.