PDA

View Full Version : s3 problem

burns123
12-05-2008, 06:19 PM
i have a very annoying problem with my 1999 audi S3:zx11:,there is a vibration comming through the whole car. I think it is an engine related problem, the engine mounts were pritty badly worn and have been replaced but saddly did not cure my problem I would be very,very gratefull of any help you could give me thanks

Space Cadet
14-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Sorry I can’t help with your actual problem, but thought I would just add that the new engine mounts would probably have amplified your existing vibration because they will be much harder than the worn originals.

At the end of the day you have done a positive thing, but until you get the vibration problem sorted the new mounts might appear to make the vibration worse.

…sounds like a clutch/gearbox problem, best to take it to a garage.

burns123
14-05-2008, 10:24 AM
thx mate for your reply....

i think it may be the flywheel....NOT GOOD!!!

Space Cadet
14-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Clutches and flywheels are just one of those things, if they go they go.

Coincidentally I’m actually looking at putting a more heavy-duty clutch in my 3.2Q and will put a lighter flywheel in at the same time because of the labour involved. The car has only done 15k, but it just feels like the clutch isn’t up to the job.

Depending on how many miles your car has done it would be worth biting the bullet and having the clutch replaced/uprated so that you don’t need to pay out essentially for the same labour again in the future.