PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)

Stevebt
12-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi all

Can anybody tell me where the Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) is fitted on my 1.9TDi (ATJ)?

Fault code reads 17564 Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) OPEN/SHORT To Ground P1156.

The car drives alright up to 3000rpm and there is no smoke after that its just flat, but will get upto motorway speeds eventually but hills kill it.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Stevebt
14-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi all

Can anybody tell me where the Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) is fitted on my 1.9TDi (ATJ)?

Fault code reads 17564 Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) OPEN/SHORT To Ground P1156.

The car drives alright up to 3000rpm and there is no smoke after that its just flat, but will get upto motorway speeds eventually but hills kill it.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi

Just bumping this one back up, Can any one help?:1zhelp: :dunno:

Izalman
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi
I've just changed my MAP to cure same poblem , its a small switch fastened into the inlet manifold at the rear of the engine top cover, quite easy to reach / fit.
Tools needed- posidrive srewdriver & small flat scewrdriver to release connector lock - DONT pull on the wires.... release the lock & pull - comes apart easily.
Check ebay before going to the dealership, some unused genuine ones ususlly on sale at half the price.