PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Door Closed But Still Show Open

ydelong
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi guys i need help really bad. I drive an Audi A3 1.8 2001 (proud owner). When i close my door the light in the car nor the two on the door goes out. When i remove the door panel it seems to work fine. Anyone had this problem before...................? Please guys help would be appreciated. Oh to ad to that, sometimes it works fine but as soon as it rains or they bang the door to hard it happens:1zhelp::aargh4:

TICKDOGG
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi guys i need help really bad. I drive an Audi A3 1.8 2001 (proud owner). When i close my door the light in the car nor the two on the door goes out. When i remove the door panel it seems to work fine. Anyone had this problem before...................? Please guys help would be appreciated. Oh to ad to that, sometimes it works fine but as soon as it rains or they bang the door to hard it happens:1zhelp::aargh4:

Ialso have the same problem too REALLY WEIRD and as above when it rains but at the mo it is fine anybody got any ideas i heard it could be a sensor in the door lock assembly.....

Dangerousmouse
13-05-2008, 12:30 AM
is it doing this just on the drivers door, or all doors?
have you tried manually pressing the 'button' (or switch, whatever) inside the door jamb to see what happens?

IF it is only happening on the drivers door, and no others. perhaps try swapping the button/switch for one from one of the other openings. if the problem has then been fixed, you needs to gets yourself to audi and order a new button.

shoaybmakda
14-05-2008, 12:36 AM
seems to be a common fault as my brother had the same problem on his 1.8T and it has just started to happen on my 1.8T quattro..seems if i bang it shut really hard it goes away..but it might be a costly fix?

johnl
15-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Had same prob on my 52 plate ,luckily Audi fixed under warranty, new lock fitted.

JTA3
16-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I've got an A3 1.8T Quattro 1999, and the same problem just started- hence i found this site.
Had a look through other threads and basically it could be water getting into the wiring, or it could be that the door's sensor isn't making a conection to close the circuit.
I had a look at the catch and gave it a wipe with fingers, checked it was moving back and forth correctly and it seemed to work again. Not sure if this was a coincidence or not.

Also got a problem with the interior lights flashing sometimes when i'm driving. Is this related to above? Has anyone else had this?

ydelong
21-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi Guys thanks for all the replies, i found that the door switch is the problem but you have to replace the door lock in order for that to be fixed as they dont sell the switch lose. but the problem is that the price of the lock :aargh4:. the driver door half the price of the pas side door and it cost just under R800 here in South Africa and i dont need that one. the switch is sealed so no luck fixing it either.

If any one know of a better option please do let us know.