PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Possible problem with suspension

slinger247
12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
After spending the last week camping in the Lake District and subjecting my beloved A4 to a drive up the HardKnott Pass my suspension has now developed a worrying squeak. The nearside front everytime I go over a bump makes a squeak which sounds very much like a loose bolt, it also does it when I apply the brakes. I know its difficult to answer with me giving such vague information but does anyone have any idea what the problem could be so I can arrange to get it fixed with the least expense possible? :(

bez101
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
its prob one of the arms theres 4 last squeek i have was when i used break it was 1 of the bottom arms the largest of the 2

slinger247
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

Is it an expensive part to replace? Furthermore, is it an east enough job to do myself? (I have reasonable experience but I wouldnt call myself "experienced")

bez101
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
im sure the arms range from £16 to around £45 ish there not to bad to change better if u can get it in the air one of the bottom ones is pretty hard and realy needs to go up on 4 poster iv found euro car parts are better on price than gfs