PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra TDI Engine Faults!!

BUSABOY
11-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I have a facelift model March 2000 Alhambra TDI.
I have noticed in the last 12 months a few things starting to go wrong on the engine side

Economy used to be around 45+ on a good steady run and i now really struggle to get above 40 being really careful and it drops to around an average of 22 when towing my caravan and it used to do around 30+

I have a big loss in power now with a flat spot between 1800 - 2200 rpm which is my cruising speed its as if its holding back on the boost??

It occasionally revs it conkers off on its own when you start it up without the throttle pedal being touched?

Revs at tickover rise and fall from 850 - 1200 occasionally

Temp gauge reads a steady 90 degrees when warm then fall off the gauge to nothing ( I suspect a faulty temp sender??)

The cooling fans on the radiatorstart up immediately as soon as you swith on the heater air con with the engine cold

The main problem i wish to sort out is the power economy one really as i think they are related in some way??

Anyone got any ideas as i only want to try and fix once and not go round the houses!!!

Cheers

Emily's dad
12-05-2008, 07:00 AM
It's probably best to get it hooked up to VAG COM for a diagnostic check to see what fault codes if any are stored.