PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak from top of turbo golf gt tdi 150

ian
29-12-2006, 05:33 PM
hi,

my 03 golf gt tdi 150 (80k miles) has developed a bad oil leak and it looks to be comming from the top of the turbo when looked at from underneath the car, as you cant realy see looking at it from the top.
the car still drives and pulls away fine and the turbo seems to be working as it should, no loss of power, no strange noises or anything.
the car is at the garage now but wont be looked at till after new year, has any one had a similar problem or any ideas as what it could be ??

also yesterday morning it took me 3 goes to start the car from cold, she ticked over but would not fire up, when i eventually got the car started it stalled twice as i tried to pull away on a steep uphill driveway.
the car just didnt want to pull away up hill and just cut out on me twice??

any ideas any one ??
please help !!

cheers
ian

Swanny130
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi ian

I posted a similar thread this week, I have a gttdi 130 on similar miles that is leaking oil from turbo and air pipes from turbo all the way down to the intercooler. Have you disconnected an air pipe? If there's a lot of oil in there I believe there might be an internal oil leak in turbo. Hopefully you've sorted the problem by now and give me some advice, just thought I'd offer my opinion, I've been told too much oil in the engine can cause stalling, that may be your problem, a little oil is no problem, no advice on rectifying it though, hope this helps

Swanny

ian
13-04-2007, 11:04 AM
it was the turbo oil feed pipe that had ruptured and was leaking, i got my money refunded on that car as there was other problems.

i have a new mk4 gt tdi 150 now

as for the stalling of the car, when cold on a morning now i reverse out of my driveway instead of driving out and i never have any problems.

did you get your oil leak fixed ??

ian