PDA

View Full Version : Question Immobiliser not working?

boffin
11-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Hello all, I've got an 01 plate TDi130 on which the immobiliser seems to have stopped working (although the doors still lock). The telltale 'flashing' led on the drivers door does not flash and, if you try to set off the alarm with the Ultrasonics - nothing happens! I looked in the owners book (which is basically useless) for the fuses & found there is apparently one for the immobiliser. "Great" sez I, I'll check it. Pulled off fuse cover - no legend! nothing to show which fuse is which! I think there's meant to be a card fixed to the cover but it's missing....... :mad:
Can anyone tell me which fuses do what? perhaps a scan from the fuse card on someones TDi if possible? :1zhelp:

y2ksparky
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
It's doubtful that it is the fuse, but more likely that it has a fault in the system i.e. that one of the switches is not in the right position. If you know someone with a scan tool you can see what fault is stored, and which if any switch is open. See if all the door switches work -does the light come on when opened, and is the boot, bonnet and radio fully closed/inserted. If the radio has been changed to aftermarket one it may not be wired correctly.

dib
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I would also check for water ingress around the pollen filter, and passenger footwell also the drains under the battery and brake servo. There are plenty of threads on here explaining how to deal with this problem and it cured mine when the alarm / immobiliser started playing up in the same way.