PDA

View Full Version : A3 Flasher Unit

PeterW
29-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi All,
My car is a 2002 A3 TDI Quattro Sport. I appear to have a fault on the flasher unit; the timing goes haywire and it occasionly stops flashing altogether. Both sides are affected equally. I've just read the earller thread and am after a couple of bits of info. Is the flasher unit on my car part of the Hazard switch and is it accessed by removing the radio? If so can anyone tell me the size/shape of the metal strips needed to remove the Audi Concert radio/cd player. Many thanks in advance

Peter

Gunfa
16-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello Peter

The fault is the combined Hazard Warning light switch/indicator relay, it contains 2 circuits 1 for the normal indicators 1 for the Hazard function.

You dont have to remove the radio, use a small flat bladed screwdriver to remove the trim above the radio (insert the scewdriver between radio & trim & pull the trim out from the botteom)

Insert a flat bladed screwdriver each side of the switch & withdraw it.

Part no 8LO 941 509K

PeterW
17-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks GUNFA. I read on a previous thread that I needed to remove the radio, however you are correct as having aquired the tools to remove the radio the switch was not accessible with the radio out.
:Blush: :Blush: :Blush: Your info enabled me to change the switch in about 5 mins.

thanks
Peter