PDA

View Full Version : WINDOW

GARY
29-12-2006, 04:34 PM
HELLO ALL I HAVE JUST REMOVED A DOOR CARD ON MY PASSAT TDI (51 PLATE) TO SORT OUT WINDOW PROBS,AND AM NOW FACED WITH A METAL PLATE COVERING ALL THE WINDING GEAR,IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO BEFORE UNBOLTING THIS PANEL , I'M JUST DREADING THE GLASS FALLING , IS THIS LIKELY ANY ADVICE WELCOME REGARDS GAZ.

calum
06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
There are two access holes at the top of the metal panel this lets you in to un clamp the window,it will need raised or lowered slightly so you can see the bolts,once you have done this you can secure the window with a wedge of cardbord between the glass and door.once you have done this you can remove the metal panel (window regulator)these can be found on ebay for a starting price of £19.99 + postage,hope this helps Calum

GARY
07-01-2007, 09:43 AM
CHEERS MATE THATS PUT MY MIND AT REST,THANKS FOR THE INFO.REGARDS GAZ.

passat boy
23-01-2007, 05:23 PM
be carefull as after removing around 10 x 10mm bolts there is the door lock mechanism and a tiny cable.to remove all this:

1: remove black plastic plugs and wind window down till nut head is visible

2: evenly remove both left and right side nut(get helper to hold glass

3: this panel is sealed on and requires nudging and a semisharp blade to break seal

4: loosen all 10 nuts and lift then tilt and lower steel frame out gently but remember to remove motor connector plug first

5: your old motor can be removed and kept for a rainy day and the broken mech and plate scrapped

6: lubricate the new cable runners to prevent another break

GARY
24-01-2007, 09:21 PM
CHEERS MATE THANKS FOR ALL THE DETAIL,HOPE I CAN HELP YOU SOME TIME REGARDS GAZ.