PDA

View Full Version : Audi 100 Quattro power steering

Scarlet337
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
have a problem with the power steering on my t44 quattro.

The steering fluid is being blown out the top of the reservoir, it started off just coming out of there and now the pump is leaking as well (not a problem have changed them before) the steering is heavy but it isnt affecting the brakes which i would have thought it would if it was the pump as with my old one when the pump went we had no brakes as well as no power steering!

A few days before the warning light came on we have went on a 30 mile journey and when we got there one of the back wheels was roasting, think the brake must have been sticking on a bit or something, not sure if its related or not but its funny how it only happened after this.

Anyhow Ayr Audi techs said its most likely a back pressure but wouldnt offer any advice or anything with out me booking it in.
Has anyone came across this before? everyone tech i talk to has never heard of it!

Crasher
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
The pressure pipe from the pump is in two sections. Inside this pipe there is a liner bleed pipe and this has holes in it. These can become blocked and cause all sorts of odd problems, strip it down and clean it.

Scarlet337
11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Thank you i will give it a try