PDA

View Full Version : Got flashed at today...........................

Satch
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM
.............because of my halogen DRL's. The driver flashed and pointed angrily at my lights. I responded with two fingers and a :D

mkc
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
What an idiot, Volvos have been driving around for years with lights on. I bet the bloke will have a fit when he sees an A5 or A4 with LED running lights!! I can see it being a problem though to those people who have no idea about these lights as they can be bright head on

Bloater
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Must be the day for it Satch. I had a pedestrian waving at me, and pointing at the lights. I waved at him, politely of course.

Later on this afternoon, a BMW driver flashed me, a BMW driver for goodness sakes. I waved, again politely, although I did hope that his bonnet would fly open, it was only on the safety catch :D

Just give it 2 years, and all new cars have to have daytime running lights, 2010 I believe. I'm quite happy running around with mine on, makes no difference to me. Be interesting to see what the law thinks of it though, I'm waiting.

RichardCranium
10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
never been flashed at while driving my Volvo. He probably felt a right knob afterwards, and so he should.

I agree though, they are very bright

gtrevor
11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
agree the halogen DRL's do look quite bright, but not as bright as the new BMW coupe / 5 series halo lights - think these are DRL's as they all seem to have them on all the time...

RickT
12-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I have my Xenons on all the time, and have done for around 3 years now!!

i have set the car up via vag-COM as per the Scandinavia settings so the lights are on all the time..

Rick