PDA

View Full Version : Yobs/Hoodies on my bonnet

andysuth
28-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I've just come back to my car to find that a delightful young person (or older person wearing smaller trainers) must have been walking over my bonnet, at 4pm in afternoon, whilst I was in the cinema.

Apart from wanting to kick the living sh%* out of anyone remotely matching this description, I did a little test to see at what level of shock/knock/impact my anti-theft alarm would be set off at.

I now believe my anti-shock sensor to be malfunctioning or disconnected.

Does anyone know where the main factory fitted car alarm is on an A4 (1998 / "B5")?

I can't locate from the sounder as it is the main car horn.

I apologise to anyone reading this hoping for a delightful story about me running over some ASBO holding individual, that might be posted tomorrow!

-Andy.

RickT
29-12-2006, 12:25 AM
one thing to just check is the Level sensor is not disabled...

This button is in 2 places.. B5 or B6/B7

on the piller at the bottom between the front drivers door and rear door.. or in the door tray on the driver door right at the back.. (open the door and look back into the door pocket.. (

Cheers

RickT

RickT
29-12-2006, 12:26 AM
ps... get back to the cinema at the same time yiou went today and do a "STAKE OUT" and watch ASBO kids running over other peoples car... then strike!!! LOL!!

RickT!

andysuth
29-12-2006, 12:36 AM
> ps... get back to the cinema at the same time yiou went today and do
> a "STAKE OUT" and watch ASBO kids running over other peoples car... then > strike!!! LOL!!

Well last time I did that they ran across mine and I spilt my popcorn!

The button there is for the Internal Sensors on the B5, though I will check that it isn't latched and then see if the tilt works.

All of this is hypothetical as I'll be installing a two-way keyfob alarm soon as well as keeping the factory fitted alarm in operation.

Ironically I was watching James Bond, and wished I'd put an anti-theft device in my car like the one in "For your eyes only", might blow up the car, but hey, makes a great film, especially if there's a 2CV somewhere nearby to make an escape in!

andysuth
29-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Sooooo........

Does anyone know where the alarm main unit is on an Audi A4 B5 (1.9TDi, 110)?????

JR001
29-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Sooooo........

Does anyone know where the alarm main unit is on an Audi A4 B5 (1.9TDi, 110)?????
Hiya,
What is your model number and engine/gearbox nos?
I may be able yo look for you based on this info.

Cheers