PDA

View Full Version : Passat 1.9tdi sport vacum pump

hotaero
28-12-2006, 10:41 PM
hi Everyone,

i have a 99 TDI 110 passat sport with 54,000 miles on, cople of days ago a ticking noise started coming from the glove box, my mechanic told me it was a vacum pump which is a common fault on these. My question is what does it do 7 how much do they cost?

adamss24
29-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Does the car has climate control ? As far as i know, the vacuum pump is close to the engine...you may hear a climatronic relay...from a air flow control/positioning flap.

hotaero
29-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Does the car has climate control ? As far as i know, the vacuum pump is close to the engine...you may hear a climatronic relay...from a air flow control/positioning flap.

Yes sorry forgot to say that it does have a climate system, also have been told that the fan for the system also needs changing cost of which is £139.00 ouch!!!!!!!!

adamss24
29-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes sorry forgot to say that it does have a climate system, also have been told that the fan for the system also needs changing cost of which is £139.00 ouch!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with the existing fan ? Is som'thing not working as it should with the A/C ? Did they pulled any diagnostic faults off the car and can you post the fault codes on the forum ? Thanks.

hotaero
29-12-2006, 07:51 PM
No nothing is wrong:confused: as yet but i have been told that the fan needs changing as it will go and as they would have to take out the dashboard to get to the vacum pump they might as well change the fan as it will cost more money later on to change !

adamss24
29-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I think they just need to make more money from you...i think the vacuum accumulator on your car its under the front passenger wing...follow the small diameter rubber hoses from the turbo and see where the vacuum accumulator is(should look like a black plastic ball), the pump is on the engine as far as i know...but get a second opinion as i might be wrong ! Why fix som'thing if its not brocken ?! Good luck.

hotaero
29-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Cheers will do !

hotaero
29-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi again, just spoke to the garage they are saying it is not the accumulater it is a motor that controls the heater vents that needs changing !

RickT
30-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Hello and Welcome to the Forum!!

You seem to have got a good response already... one little thing to add is please post in the Passat forum http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11 where your post will get more views and a increased chance of a resolve.

Many Thanks

RicKT