PDA

View Full Version : tdi 130bhp blow which replacement awx or avf

jasonsaunders
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post. Just purchased an audi a4 tdi 130bhp se 2002 model. Car has been smoking white on startup and misfiring. VAGCOM shows cylinder 1 misfire. I thought it was the injector until i managed to speak to company driver who owned the car and he informed me that he drove into a large puddle and it sucked in water which caused the conrod to bend and hence the smoke.

So it looks like i need a new engine or secondhand one at that. my engine code is awx (5speed 130bhp). Will the engine code AVF (only on 6 speed passats and a4's work with mine) as they both are 130bhp.

Can i not just buy any tdi pd 130 (golf lump) as surely the lump would be the same and just change everything over. Is it possible.

Kind Regards

Jason

Ross 1.8T
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post. Just purchased an audi a4 tdi 130bhp se 2002 model. Car has been smoking white on startup and misfiring. VAGCOM shows cylinder 1 misfire. I thought it was the injector until i managed to speak to company driver who owned the car and he informed me that he drove into a large puddle and it sucked in water which caused the conrod to bend and hence the smoke.

So it looks like i need a new engine or secondhand one at that. my engine code is awx (5speed 130bhp). Will the engine code AVF (only on 6 speed passats and a4's work with mine) as they both are 130bhp.

Can i not just buy any tdi pd 130 (golf lump) as surely the lump would be the same and just change everything over. Is it possible.

Kind Regards

Jason

Not possible, the Golf engines are mounted transversely left to right, Passat/A4 engines are mounted longitudinally front to back. The engine mounts, manifolds and a host of other things are different.