PDA

View Full Version : VW IPOD kit help!!!!

tim6169
28-12-2006, 08:31 PM
I have just fitted a genuine VW IPOD integration kit to my mk4 1.8T with a gamma head unit and single CD player

The kit is fitted off the back of the CD player and I can get some functions to work, when selected.

The main problem is that when I skip tracks they go in twos, 1,3,5,7,9 etc, When I do this when i am using the CD player they go up as normal one by one!

I have tried another ipod kit, 3 different IPODS, a 2003 gamma head unit, tried it without the CD player and it still wont work!!! Ive tried to speak to the VW dealer but just get blank looks!!, nobody has a clue how they work, there are also no faults in the fault memory!! Any ideas??

RickT
29-12-2006, 12:01 AM
i know this is a long shot... however have you tried putting putting some other tracks on the IPOD... i mean remove the existing ones and put some others on..

I have an issue a few years back with a Mini disk player where it would only play tracks with less than 15 charcter in the title...

as i say its a long sjhot but just another thing to rule out....

RicKT

tim6169
29-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, ive just deleted all tracks on the ipod and put 6 on, and it still goes 1,3,5!!!!!, its a nightmare!!, i just dont know what to do next!!!!!!

Celtic Cousin
29-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Do you have the head unit set up to play random?

shooey88
01-05-2007, 07:58 AM
nothing u can do.....the ipod kit is supposed to only function correctly connected straight to the radio....as per instructions......
volkswagen shud have told u its not meant to be fitted to the cd player. this is because the ipod kit is originally just for mark 5 golfs not mark 4s.
ipod kit is not compatible at all with a 6 disc changer.....
choosing either a cd player and radio...or a radio and ipod kit....
ipod can be fitted to a single disc cd player so you can have both,.....but u will have your described problem.

shooey88
01-05-2007, 08:01 AM
sorry i dont know if u understand my explination....but if you want your ipod to function correctly....you have to remove the cd player and just hav the ipod hooked up to the radio.
but i just lived with the problem and have both a radio, ipod and cd player if you can make that choice

Ben
01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Does the ipod always only select odd numbered tracks 1, 3, 5, or does it sometimes do 2, 4, 6?

Reason I ask is that I was wondering only yesterday (hence my thread www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8315 here) if I could integrate an ipod in to my setup in my mk5 golf rcd300 head unit with 1 cd and a 6 disc changer between the seats.

shooey88
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
On the mark 4 golf whatever number it will will start on being an even or odd....if you want to skip track it will do it by multiples of 2......135...or 246 etc

you can fit it to ur Mark 5 radio and it will work correctly...but you cant fit it to the 6 disc cd player under your seat as no possible connection on cd play unit.

im not sure if you will be able have the 6 disc cd player and ipod both being connected to the back of the radio....you may have to choose between them and which you would prefer to be connected. .......... cos you cant on a mark 4 have both.

xcarlink
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
With the Xcarlink, you can continue to use your existing CD changer with teh ipod connected.

Visit www.xcarlink.co.uk (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)