PDA

View Full Version : Please Help TDi Fault

d0ss
08-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi,

My 1st post on the site and shamefully I am after some fault advice. I have a 05 1.9TDi PD Octavia and I have fault codes which all point to the manifold intake flap motor not working. From what I have researched I believe this should normally be open and then closes for about 3 or 4 secs on engine switch as an anti shudder or something. I have visually confirmed that the flap does not close at switch off at all. Has anyone experienced this fault before or does anyone know if I am ok to carry on driving it or not. I am very reluctant to just replace the item as I have been quoted over £260 for a new one. I appreciate any help or advice.

d0ss
09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Fault cleared without having to replace the intake flap. Thanks to searching on the forum and finding a couple posts on the same topic I learnt that the fuse in the engine compartment blows too. So after cleaning up the flap Assy and changing the fuse all working again.:D

neilsgotaskoda
18-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I have the same fault.

I have just posted a question to try and find out where the fuse is, can you help ?

It says in the book fuse 54 but there is no fuse in that position.

d0ss
19-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Neil,

I think the fuse is fuse 7 (been a while). I have also posted a similar thread on the briskoda forum with some photos so that may may be of some help. If I recall correctly the fuse is next to one of the relays. Sorry not much help straight off as only just seen your post. I will check further when I get the chance and get back to you though.

d0ss
21-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Neil,

here is a photo of the the fuse location, it is the one to the right of the relay marked 458 and is 10A. Hope this helps.

greg123
07-12-2008, 03:31 PM
It's a common fault. You are fine to keep driving. The only disadvantage is that it may not stop quite as smoothly (not an issue other than to your personal taste) and more importantly if you needed to kill the engine say the turbo broke and the engine started running away on the oil from the broken turbo and revving away by it's self (does happen occationally) this safety net to kill the engine is missing. Howver you could still dump the clutch in gear with the brakes on and try to kill it that way. To put it in perspective, older diesels never had these flaps at all and no one cared, but one or two engines went bang when a turbo or oil problem made the engine run away burning it's own oil and the owner couldn't switch it off. Maybe one car in 50,000 or something.

Greg.

Hi,

My 1st post on the site and shamefully I am after some fault advice. I have a 05 1.9TDi PD Octavia and I have fault codes which all point to the manifold intake flap motor not working. From what I have researched I believe this should normally be open and then closes for about 3 or 4 secs on engine switch as an anti shudder or something. I have visually confirmed that the flap does not close at switch off at all. Has anyone experienced this fault before or does anyone know if I am ok to carry on driving it or not. I am very reluctant to just replace the item as I have been quoted over £260 for a new one. I appreciate any help or advice.