PDA

View Full Version : A4 1996 climate control

blueeye
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I am finding climate control in this damn hot weather does not seem to work. It does not cool the car in any way so i am wondering if it needs to be regassed if this is how it works, or I am doing something wrong even though I am down to 18 it just seems to push round the already hot air in the car and I end up opening the window anyway. Does any one else have this problem.

geiz
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I am finding climate control in this damn hot weather does not seem to work. It does not cool the car in any way so i am wondering if it needs to be regassed if this is how it works, or I am doing something wrong even though I am down to 18 it just seems to push round the already hot air in the car and I end up opening the window anyway. Does any one else have this problem.

Yes, I have, only very hot air out of the air outlets. Drives me crazy, I need COLD air, not HOT air, stupid AC :(

Also my display is blinking the first 2 minutes ... very strange.

Also only air out of the air outlets in the middle of the dashboard, not at my feeds or at the window.

geiz
06-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Replaced the climate control unit (display/controller) now .... works again.

Withnail
15-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Was your replacement new or used? The display on mine (same age) has been going on and off for a couple of years now, though the functions work most of the time so I thought up to now, that I'd leave well alone... Was it a dashboard-out job to replace? It looks a pricey item..

smokey0123
15-09-2008, 07:17 PM
The display flashes when the is a fault code stored. It does not mean the climate control unit is broken.

::SPG::
15-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Mine was like this, it struggled in the hot weather we had, had it degassed and regassed (£72 inc VAT) and it was noticable better. I'd say no more than 10-20% but enough to feel colder when you hold your hand in front of the vent.