PDA

View Full Version : Radio won't power off

davewelch
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I have just replaced the Concert radio in my Audi A6. It all went fairly smoothly although I did need an aerial booster, part no. CEL-AAN2122.
The only problem I have is that the power to the radio stays on when ignition is off - I have to manually turn the radio off. I have tried swapping the red and yellow feeds to no avail. With either one of then connected alone it does not work. Any advice please?
Also, I've managed to leave a CD in the old Concert unit - is there any way of ejecting this without powering up the unit again?

Thanks
David

Froggy
13-05-2008, 12:06 PM
It sounds like you haven't got the right connections. If you have a voltage meter or test light, then check you have a switched (Ignition feed) and a permanent feed to your radio.

dcross
13-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't know about getting the CD out, but I think you'll find that Concerts use a contact closure, and not +/-12 volts which is what most aftermarket headunit expect. I had a 1995 A4 a while back, now an 2002 A4 and both cars behaved the same.

I have to turn mine off by the radio, the key has no effect.

I'm open to anyone else providing the correct pins to allow this to work.

Issac Hunt
13-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Just run a switched live from the fusebox to the radio then it will turn off when the ignition is turned off.

Froggy
16-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Actually - I misread your post, you don't have a switched live available if you have a Concert CD player, it's switched on and off using the CAN bus in the vehicle.

You can either, do as Issac suggested and pick up a switched live from the fuse box, or (expensive) buy a CAN bus adapter that will provide a switched feed.