PDA

View Full Version : PDI... What PDI?!?!?

elPaulio
08-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Have been holding my tounge with this post but thought I would let you all know how I got on with my 05 A4 2.0 TDi S-Line.

Bought the car from Aberdeen Audi back in the middle of March with a view to picking it up on the 11th April after coming back from our honeymoon.
So, when I viewed the car there were a few scratches on it, bit of bubbling on the silver strip under the boot and a couple of the tyres were quite worn. So, discussed with the salesman and he said that it'd all be sorted for me picking it up.

Can you see where this is going??? :D

So, picked the car up and low and behold the scratches were still there. Spoke to the Salesman and he appologised and said he would arrange for the car to come back in the next week to get them sorted. So, as I drove it over the weekend I found a "few" other problems with it!

Two tyres at 2mm
Parking sensors not working
Front brake discs quite badly worn on outside!
Rear brake discs not clearing the rust
Front grille had slight crack
Speaker grille cracked
Plus the paint and silver strip mentioned above.

On top of that, and I know this is my fault for not checking it before I shook hands and handed over the cash, the car didn't have the DIS with Colour Screen and Rear heated seats as it stated on the web!!

So the car went back into the garage a week past Sunday (27th) and I'm supposed to be getting it back today. After speaking to the Salesman yesterday (And don't get me wrong, he has been great!!) it appears that my car managed to slip through the Pre-Delivery Inspection, hence why it was in such a S**t state when I got it!

So, i'll let you all know what it's like when I get it back, but do you think I'm within my rights to ask for free servicing or something as compensation??
I've had a courtesy car all the time mines has been in, and yes, I can confirm that an A6 Le Mans 2.7TDi with flappy paddles can be great fun on the twisties :biglaugh: but I just want my car back!!

Sorry for the long, boring post but finally needed to get this off my chest!

Cheers

Paul :)

Issac Hunt
08-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Color DIS is very rare unless the car came with the RNS-E, heated rear seats even more rare!

Pretty poor service though, I'd be pushing for your next service to be free in way of compensation. Could also be worth a letter to Audi customer services letting them know what the dealer is upto!

elPaulio
09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, I got the car back yesterday at about half four.

Two new tyres (Marangoni?!?)
New discs and pads all round
Car painted and polished
Parking sensor fixed
Rear silver strip replaced
and New speaker grille on order..

But...
Two of my alloys are now scratched and the rear valance is rattling at low speeds!!
Sheesh!!

Now I know it's not a new car, but come on guys, surely these things must've been noticed before it was handed back!
So a trip to Audi at lunch time there has me booked in for next week to get the wheels fixed and the valance. No mention of the front grille, but i'll mention it when I get there next week.

As an aside, what should my car idle at? I'm sitting at around 950-975 at the moment, seems slightly high to me!

Haven't mentioned any kind of compensation yet, waiting until it is actually fixed first!!

Will let you know how it gets on next week.

Paul :D

SINGHY
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
:1zhelp:Sorry to hear about your troubles but I reckon my experince beats you. I bought an 07 Plate 2.o tdi s line multitronic with all the toys (Sat nav/phone/6dc changer etc) from an Audi dealer 3 weeks ago, on the day I collected it I noticed a fault which they apologised for and assured me would get fixed. Whilst being fixed another matter arose - I won't bore you with the details, but the outcome is that the car is back with the dealers and I'm getting another identical car, in the meantime I've got a month old A6 2.7 TDI SLine with flappy paddles too. Will let you know what the replacement is as soon as they tell me. I was most impressed with the main man at the dealership, no quibbles whatsover, also quite pleased with assitance from Audi customer services - although would have preferred to have avoided all the hassle, inconvenience, time and stress I had to endure.

i
Well, I got the car back yesterday at about half four.

Two new tyres (Marangoni?!?)
New discs and pads all round
Car painted and polished
Parking sensor fixed
Rear silver strip replaced
and New speaker grille on order..

But...
Two of my alloys are now scratched and the rear valance is rattling at low speeds!!
Sheesh!!

Now I know it's not a new car, but come on guys, surely these things must've been noticed before it was handed back!
So a trip to Audi at lunch time there has me booked in for next week to get the wheels fixed and the valance. No mention of the front grille, but i'll mention it when I get there next week.

As an aside, what should my car idle at? I'm sitting at around 950-975 at the moment, seems slightly high to me!

Haven't mentioned any kind of compensation yet, waiting until it is actually fixed first!!

Will let you know how it gets on next week.

Paul :D

d0nr0b
25-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I had the same issue whereby car was supposed to be fully valetted and have a small scratch taken out but it was absolutely ******* it down (another typically summers day!! lol) so couldnt really check it over. So when it finally stopped raining i checked it all over throughly. The scratch was still there and the interior had not been cleaned at all very well - as noticed little marks in the back - so back to Audi for them to sort and tbh they were good booked it back in, arranged a replacement car plus are going to fill up the tank too!!!
Bit of pain having to take it back but cannot complain really about the service received.

elPaulio
25-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

Totally forgot I had started this, suppose I had better put an update in :)

The car went back in to get the rear valance sorted and the alloys done and they were fine, but now that I've had a chance to clean the wheels a couple of times and get up close to them the job they have done is absolutely shocking!! I could have done better with a kit from Halfords!! I don't think they even took the tyre off to do it, and they certainly haven't done the back of the wheel so it's all peeling away from where the new laquer meets the old! they looks great from a distance but when you're up close they're rubbish. They've also rubbed down one of the wheels so much that there is no groove left on one of the spokes!

So I'm back in on monday to get this looked at buy some guy at Audi!

On another subject I got my grill replaced as it was cracked and the front bumper now sits too low! I have a thread on here about it, but I've had it "fixed" but it's still outside Audis specs but the bodyshop won't touch it saying it's fine to them!! So why bother having specifications if your body shop are going to ignore them? I feel a letter to Audi customer service coming on!

I'm going to take the bumper off and adjust it myself one weekend when I've got the time and patience, infact if the weather is cack tomorrow I might even have a go then!!

Will let you's all know how that gets on, probably with a thread called "Help!: I can't get my bumper back on!" :biglaugh:

Paul :biglaugh:

SINGHY
25-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi all, I posted a thread in May when I told you about my disappointment with an 07 140 tdi sline multi with all the toys (sat nav, bluettooth etc), and how the dealer took it back within 3 weeks of purchase. Well I forgot to update you, but whilst the dealer found me another suitable vehicle I had a 1 month old A6 S line 2.7 fully loaded to run around in for 3 weeks. I got my new car at the end of May and I'm well chuffed. It's a 57 reg (6 months newer and an Audi Mgt car as opposed to an ex-lease like the other) instead of 07 and as well as all the bits that the other had, it also has paddle change, rain and light sensors, auto dim mirror and fewer miles, but I didn't need to pay a penny extra and also got a bottle of champers for my trouble and big bunch of flowers for the other half, so all in all it pays to buy from Audi.

KQuattro
15-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I can also relate to the problems with Audi and its so called PDI check. When I picked my a4 up the front brake discs and pads were worn, windscreen had a small crack in it, seat belt warning chime would not stop even though both belts were engaged, steering would vibrate at high speed.

I had to go back a number of times to get these issues fixed and have a bit of a rant, I love the car but the pre-sales service at Audi sucks big time. It seems once they have your money they dont want to know. Anywork needed on my car now will be done by independant or people that actually give a **** about a customers car.

My previous experience with BMW was a lot better in terms of post-sales care and service although they charged the earth !

Ive heard Mercedes are also shocking