PDA

View Full Version : Question My New Audi A3 TDI S-LINE QUATTRO

2.0TDI
07-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone, as a new member of the forum and a new owner to AUDI as an A3 driver, now wishing that I had spent my money on an R32 instead. I have owned VW golfs of many types for the last 15 years from MKII 8v to 140ps TDi MK5.
My brand new A3 2.0TDI 170PS QUATTRO seems to have an idling problem the dealer has had it back twice and "the computer plugged into the ECU with NO faults reading". Let me explain the problem, at low speed Less than 15mph the car in second gear, it does not always but 3 out of 5 times the engine will not pick up when the throttle is pressed it just cuts out, also noticed is the idle speed you can pull up to a stop from 30mph and the car will tick over at just over 800rpm on the rev counter but if you come to a halt from 60-70 it ticks over at 780ish and starts to hunt if you try to pull away the car cuts out. the hunting reminds me of my old highly strung MKII GTI after I Fitted gas flowed head, fast road cam and new gas flowed throttle body without a remap at my local superchip dealer. Anyway enough about that one has anybody else had a simular problem with there Audi or was mine built on a Friday afternoon.

staz1000
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
You should have taken the tech out for a drive, if it's 3 out of 5 times you would have been able to demonstrate it.

The diagnostics computers today are very good but they can only detect a fault that is there at the time or that has been logged by the car's ECU. The tech can only tell you what the computer says. If that's not good enough for you then find another way to prove that you have a fault.

kd5
17-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Sometimes you cannot prove you are right - especially when this does not occur all the time or regularly enough. But that does not mean that there is nothing there, that there is not a problem. Nobody comlaints for nothing. Especially when this happens repeatidly, they should check it out. I expected audi to have better after sales service, with a 'customer is always right' attitude and no 'not seen, not fixed'. Especially when the complaints concern our safety. Unfortunately that is not always the case. Keep going....insist until they fix it.