PDA

View Full Version : A4 No doors interior lights or alarm

diode
27-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi
I have a 1.9 tdi diesel 2001 Audi a4
I had a problem where the alarm was going off and after a quick drive it would somehow reset itself I presumed it to be the battery in the siren and just removed the siren Then after about 2 months I have lost the electric windows interior lights and the central locking

I can open the car with the Drivers lock but can not open the rear doors.

I removed the passengers carpet and had a look for water but it's dry as a bone
I have put a vag com test freeware on the car but it dosent go as far with fault code testing as I want and kicks out saying I need a registered version.
Anybody got any ideas and is it worth registering the vag software from ross tech in order to delve further into the problem It looks like a central fault to all 3 and I need to know where control comes from

Hell will freeze over before I take it to an Audi dealer as Sunderland Audin are a bunch of cowboys

The part number I presume to be the correct ecu is 8E0 959 433 AC

Cheers

adamss24
27-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi
I have a 1.9 tdi diesel 2001 Audi a4
I had a problem where the alarm was going off and after a quick drive it would somehow reset itself I presumed it to be the battery in the siren and just removed the siren Then after about 2 months I have lost the electric windows interior lights and the central locking

I can open the car with the Drivers lock but can not open the rear doors.

I removed the passengers carpet and had a look for water but it's dry as a bone
I have put a vag com test freeware on the car but it dosent go as far with fault code testing as I want and kicks out saying I need a registered version.
Anybody got any ideas and is it worth registering the vag software from ross tech in order to delve further into the problem It looks like a central fault to all 3 and I need to know where control comes from

Hell will freeze over before I take it to an Audi dealer as Sunderland Audin are a bunch of cowboys

The part number I presume to be the correct ecu is 8E0 959 433 AC

Cheers
Press "Select" in the main screen of vag-com and click onto adress 46 "Central Conv." if your car has front and back electric windows or click adress 35 " Central Locks" if your car has only front electric windows. That should start scanning just the CCV module without triggering the "fully registered" message. Note or copy and paste the fault codes and post them on the forum. Also you could look on sharing sites( Limeware and such) for cracked version of vag-com, ver.312 or 409 works well ! Good luck.

diode
27-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi
Thanks for helping out

I tried the two you mentioned but got a no response from controller message.

On all scans this is what I get

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Chassis Type: 8D - Audi A4 B5
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,25,35,45,55,56

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 038 906 019 CG
Component: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG 1366
Coding: 00002
Shop #: WSC 63351
WAUZZZ8EZ1A051256 AUZ6Z0A0043909
4 Faults Found:
17931 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller: Implausible Signal
P1523 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18043 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1635 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
18080 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1672 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
18057 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1649 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
Readiness: N/A

Just noticed the chassis type should be 8e

Does it matter??

diode
27-12-2006, 10:27 PM
One other thing but it may be the problem I fitted a newer Audi CD player from the casette version I posted this below just for anybody else that may read the thread

Will try and report back

The "Aftermarket Radio Problem"

The Problem

Nothing in the car cares if the K-line is shorted to +12. The K-Line is not used for intra-vehicle communications. But a scan-tool initializes a communications session by pulling the K-line to ground. The K-line is supposed to have some voltage on it, but through a high-impedance source. If the K-line has "hard" +12 on it, something has to give! What "gives" is usually the scan-tool's output driver for the K-line. And fixing a VAG-1551/1552 with a blown K-line driver is expen$ive! But the ISO-COM (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/iso-com.html) PC<->Car interface adapter that we provide with our VAG-COM software (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html) has a small user-replaceable fuse (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/images/adapter-guts.jpg) protecting the K-Line output driver, and there's a spare fuse taped under the lid of the little box. No big worries there..:-) Our other interfaces (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/interfaces.html) use output drivers that are thermally protected against shorts. They don't need a fuse. If you plug them into a car with the K-line shorted to +12, they simply won't work in that car, but it won't hurt them either.

diode
31-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Still no where with this
Can somebody tell me the ECU that controlls Alarm functions Electric Windows Interior lights is the one located in the passenger footwell

Also if somebody could recommend a parts supplier not prominent in Google or a decent fluid to ignite the beast and a forum where you can get help with problems like this

Thanks

jak
31-12-2006, 01:06 AM
It is the one in passenger footwell. i've read alot of threads where it is a break in the wiring to or from the module

adamss24
31-12-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi, go to vag-com main screen, press select, click on the central conv. and note the faults. If it does not work scan central locks. If its still does not work go to the dealer next year ! I suggest changing(lowering) the baud rate. See the vag-com owner manual thet can be downloaded from rosstech site in PDF format and read it, as its explains how to do it, in detail ! Only somme aftermarket radios can blow the K line so you safe there !

diode
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi, go to vag-com main screen, press select, click on the central conv. and note the faults. If it does not work scan central locks. If its still does not work go to the dealer next year ! I suggest changing(lowering) the baud rate. See the vag-com owner manual thet can be downloaded from rosstech site in PDF format and read it, as its explains how to do it, in detail ! Only somme aftermarket radios can blow the K line so you safe there !

Thanks It says above that I tried that to no avail and that a dealer is out of the question.
I can scan the abs radio and engine controllers but I get a NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER from all the rest
I tried 2 laptops to get the same message and Im using a cable from e bay on com port 1 usb

I will look up changing the baud rate and give it a bash later and have a look for wiring breaks.
If anybody could post a link to a site discussing the loom break I would be greatfull

adamss24
01-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Then the CCM module is toasted so thats why you dont get no response from it ! Check under the carpet in the front footwell and see if the controler/module is corroded due to damp from the bulkhead drains. Its ok to get another one from ebay, but it will need codding. If you can scan yours after a good clean, note the codding- 5 digits number and input it into the new controller so the unit will work as should in your car. If you cannot read the controler, google openobd for details on how to code the ccm or you can get someone with the same car from a similar engine and same part nr. and you could copy their codding nr. It may not work 100&#37; as beffore but after you read tdiforum.com you should understand what i am talking about. After you code module you could select more optional features, but you will need the registered version of vag com ! Hope this helps.

diode
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Then the CCM module is toasted so thats why you dont get no response from it ! Check under the carpet in the front footwell and see if the controler/module is corroded due to damp from the bulkhead drains. Its ok to get another one from ebay, but it will need codding. If you can scan yours after a good clean, note the codding- 5 digits number and input it into the new controller so the unit will work as should in your car. If you cannot read the controler, google openobd for details on how to code the ccm or you can get someone with the same car from a similar engine and same part nr. and you could copy their codding nr. It may not work 100% as beffore but after you read tdiforum.com you should understand what i am talking about. After you code module you could select more optional features, but you will need the registered version of vag com ! Hope this helps.

Thanks I said before the unit is as dry as a bone
I cannot find tdi forum.com I will try another forum

Great idea here

jak
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Ilexa Onboard Diagnostics This site has threads discussing the repair of wiring but will not help with vagcom issue as your hardware is of e- bay. Can't remember if non-member can use search function but if not you'll just have to scroll

diode
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Fixed

Second hand ecu replaced