PDA

View Full Version : buying tyres on line?

hannbabes
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
just an ickle thought, has anyone bought their tyres on line? just wondering if its cheaper to do it this way, and then just get a burly guy to fit them?

why don't they manufacturer tyres in different colours? i'd love some pink one's :Blush:

hagis
06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I've used www.etyres.co.uk twice now and have been very happy with them. I got a good price and having them turn up and fit them to the car at my place of work was very convenient.

Others on here will probably recommend www.blackcircles.com as well.

dansansome
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
i have a tip for tyre buying...

use www.blackcircles.co.uk to select your tyre size and find best price locally for your selected tyre. then use the search results to google the address of the fitter (the fitter's name is not given on the website before purchase) and call them direct to save a few more £.

they also quote tyre only prices.

hth :)

tashteeth
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
tryeshopper.co.uk is good i have used them four times and they are by far the cheapest on the internet.plus you just take the car to the local national garage and they fit them there

prolfe
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Buying tyres off t'internet.

After they arrive:

Although you can get a local quickfit type get up to fit them for you, you'll have to pay them for balancing, valve and disposal of the old tyre.

I can thoroughly recommend eytres. I have used them for last 5 years.

Excellent, no hassle service. They call you with a 1 hour slot that they will arrive in.

:)

paul b
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I have just ordered a Bridgestone Potenza RE050A from www.blackcircles.com (http://www.blackcircles.com). It was about 50 quid cheaper than anywhere else.

Paul

hannbabes
12-05-2008, 08:02 PM
thanks everyone your advice is appreciated x

RickT
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I nearly used etyres before, but then managed to find the same tires for only £10 at a local garage, (i was looking at them on a Friday evening) and then went to a local store on the sat.. that time it was worth it..

A few of my mates have done it and used our local "cheap tire shop to fit.. £5.00 per wheel, £2 balance!

Rick

Dangerousmouse
13-05-2008, 12:24 AM
stapletons are pretty good.

unfortunately i cant quote accurate prices as, i ordered them through the dealership where i work, so got them a bit more than cost.

2x goodyear eagle nct5 fully fitted for £85(ish)

borasport
13-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi, try googling 'Camskillperformance', The tyres on here are uber cheap and you get free next day delivery if you order before 1, i have used them and recomend them.

ticklishbag
28-05-2008, 11:58 PM
just an ickle thought, has anyone bought their tyres on line? just wondering if its cheaper to do it this way, and then just get a burly guy to fit them?

why don't they manufacturer tyres in different colours? i'd love some pink one's :Blush:

Looking at the reply's to this tread, no one has spoke about (www.mytyres.co.uk (http://www.mytyres.co.uk))

I was recommended them by a friend, theys saved me around £40 overall on four new dunlop tyres for my A4 avant 2.0 T FSI. you place your order then they are sent out to a company near you of your chosing.... (please be aware that the company has to be on mytyres accounts for you to selected them)

One thing i will say, The overall process of placing my order untill they were on my car was around a week. So if you need them asap might not be the best site to go for. but yet again you can wait that time from your local dealer if the tyre of your chosing are not in stock.

Thought i would post the company anyway just to add another one in to the mix...

Hope it helps

mluton
29-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I thought I was getting good quotes online, but after calling my local tyre fitter, he beat it once quoting the prices I got online.

ticklishbag
29-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I did try that one with my local dealer, but they could not beat the overall price it was costing through mytyres.

But you never know the next time. will always phone just to double check.

The rate i go through tyres ever pound saved is a boast :biglaugh:

Ticklish

Lurch16v
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I have bought tyres off of ebay and it was well cheap, got 2 brand new toyos for £120 which saved about £25.

Worth a look.

mrrogan
03-06-2008, 11:43 AM
ive used camskillperformance. very good prices on standard 205/55 r16. try www.mytyres.co.uk plenty of cheap tires, howerver, you gotta know a burly lad to fit them. some private tyre fitters will fit them for a small fee, many wont as it tightens margins.

hannbabes
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks again for your help everyone, have got them sorted now :D

sofung86
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
this is a recommended site, prices change often

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/

h34ds
17-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Camskill is the best i have found. I used 195/45/16 on my old clio sport and i could save 40 quid a time!

veedubbora07tdi
06-08-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.blackcircles.co.uk

I know a few people that have used these in the past. Quick delivery, good choice plus reasonable prices

LsteR
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
www.blackcircles.co.uk or www.camskill.co.uk are your best bet, very good prices on there.

JDale
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Just used Etyes.co.uk today. Good prices on the tyres, they were cheaper by far than all my local places apart from one which they were 72p more expensive. I ordered them yesterday at about 2pm and they did it at my work at 4:30 today.

My only problem is that the guy came with the wrong tyres!!!:zx11:

I ordered Conti Contact 2's and he came with Conti Contact 3's. He fitted them anyway after reassuring me that there was not much difference but he was bound to say that at 4:30 on a thursday afternoon. He also said they dont make Conti 2's anymore, is this true?

Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences between the two? Are they the cheaper 'less sporty' variants?!? They do look slightly fatter than the Conti 2's on the rear two!!

Overall Etyres were pretty good so i would use online ordering again, saved me a trip out on a Saturday afternoon!!:biglaugh:

Spudrig
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM

On Top Gear a few years ago, they had tyres from Japan that produced different colours of tyre smoke when the cars were powersliding round corners!!:D:D

hongkongstuey
08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
www.blackcircles.co.uk (http://www.blackcircles.co.uk) or www.camskill.co.uk (http://www.camskill.co.uk) are your best bet, very good prices on there.

your not kidding, got a price for my usual falken 912's and they are 37.90, i paid 52 quid for one fitted just the other day, if i take into it the 5 quid per tyre for balancing+valves

37.90 x 4 + 20 fitting is 171.60
52 x 4 fitted is 208

saving of 36.40, i know where im going, had tyres from mytyres and twice i placed an order for 4 tyres, 4 for me, 4 for my dad, both sets had 4 right handed directional tyres, not 2 left 2 right, so i dont bother with them, they come as pairs bound together and they were wrong. oh well, that was about 4 years ago though

JDale
11-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I see everyone going on about Falken 912's, are they really that good for the price? Whats the life/grip like on them?

Need to replace the rears on mine within the next couple of months but for that price i might aswell do all 4 and then keep the Conti's in the garage if there decent!!

solskjaer99
27-08-2008, 02:04 PM
tried e-tyres and blackcircles, but when i rang up my local guy he was £10 cheaper than anything online, and that was fitted!

Toyo proxes T1-R's £89 fitted.

but as it turned out when it was in gettin serviced and the tyres were fitted they forgot to charge me............ so they actually cost me nout!

peteo
28-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Don't think anybody has mentioned this firm:

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk

A very good range of tyres from Budget through to premium. You order on line and the price includes balance, valve and eco disposal. They allocate a centre near your home, in my case it is National Tyres in Dukinfield. You turn up at a pre-arranged time (all done on line) and the tyres are waiting to be fitted.

I genuinely haven't found a cheaper way of buying new tyres. For example, a Barum Bravuris for a Golf is £42 a corner but even Michelins and Goodyears can come in at around £60 or less.

pjjohnst
29-08-2008, 10:09 AM
i mainly use www.camskill.co.uk - i found there prices were really good - free uk mainland delivery and excellent customer service. I have used blackcircles.com in the past, but imho i feel they are getting more expensive :mad: