PDA

View Full Version : AUDI 80SE 2.0L 1994 ECU problem

SteveE001
27-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi All, I hope someone can help.

My Audi has developed a fault where the spark voltage at the ignition coil is very intermittent, the garage says that the signal to the ECU is ok but the signal to the ignition coil is absent. I hope that the ignition coil is ok, (I replaced it in july 2006,) so I need to have the ECU checked out. The question is: - does anyone know where it is?

Thanks all, Happy New Year.:beerchug:

Steve.

SteveE001
03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the offer Andy, but I've got some good news. I removed the battery to charge it, once done I replaced it and started to check through the sensors, the signal to the coil power stage looked as if it was ok so I re-connected it and gave it a go. hey presto the beast is back and running again.:biglaugh: so it looks as though that all the ECU needed was to be reset, I'm still worried that the problem will come back again though.

Steve.

brd
08-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi Andy... is there a way to check the Hall sender unit? And the ignition switch? I've an intermittant problem with an ABK engine (2.0E 1995) and am trying to find it the problem (seperate thread). I have a decent multi-meter and am on to check anything that could help. Even Audi haven't been able to find the problem after been in the garage three times - too damn intermittant a problem. Its the Digifant (sp?) system I think.