PDA

View Full Version : A4 tdi pd 130 bhp limp mode after new injectors were fitted

chrispyg
27-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi can anyone on this site shine any light on this problem?
It all started when i read on a number of forums that lumpy idle on these pd engines can be caused by fauly injectors.
so looking on ebay one day i bought a set of 2nd hand injectors for not a lot of money:approve: and fitted them one afternoon, easy job it seemed but know i have developed a massive power loss to the degree that the car can not be driven.
starts first time and ticks over lovery but accelorates very slowly as though it has gone into limp.
i then decided to put my old injectors back in, as the car did drive fine before but fault was still there.
i then got out my miti vac just for in case i had damaged the vac pipes going to the turbo and egr units but all was fine.
i then decided to take it to the main agents who spent two hours on it at 95 quid an hour and they said it had no recorded faults and needed to spend more time to investigate the problem that i could not afford with christmas and all so decided to bring the car home.
when fitting the injectors i did use the right procedure of getting the injectors at there highest lift tightening down and baking off 180 degree.
can anyone with good knowledge of these engines shine any light on my problem?

Regards Chris:(

t4driver
27-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Not sure about this one especialy if dealer has had a look. But I had a similiar problem some time ago and it turned out to be air flow meter. Didnt realise till a sherpa pulled away better than me from lights. Also mil did not show or list a fault in memory

chrispyg
28-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Not sure about this one especialy if dealer has had a look. But I had a similiar problem some time ago and it turned out to be air flow meter. Didnt realise till a sherpa pulled away better than me from lights. Also mil did not show or list a fault in memory
Thanks for the reply t4driver but air flow already been tryed even though i new it could not have been that because there was nothing wrong with the power of the car until i relaced the injectors.

Regards chrispyg

rogersvw
29-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Just a question. Has anybody found a remedy to this question as i have the exact same problem. Injectors were took out and put back in now power, no smoke and the car is undrivable.