PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Date Calculator

MackemMan
05-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I have carried out a detailed analysis from posts on this board & can now tell you within 10 minutes how long it will take from order to build to delivery. Think I am telling porkies? Of course I am.

It is true I have checked lots of posts but in truth there is no strong pattern at all - except most people are hacked off with the wait & cannot understand why Audi hasn't got its act together.

But I do think there is a pattern of sorts. Order to build will probably take 8-11 weeks with delivery a couple of weeks afterwards. So anyone thinking of placing an order now should be looking at order - delivery of 3 months. There are some outragous exceptions but there is no evidence that the timescales are shrinking.

There is a quick order cycle though if you can plug into Group Stock. In other words find a dealer that has access to a supply of ready made cars. But you may end up paying for lots of high cost - low value gizzmos already built on the car.

Me, I have just 5 weeks to wait. I think. Maybe. Possibly. Please!

Satch
06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I've had mine about 7 weeks now and I'm getting bored with it. I'm now looking forward to my new B9.:D:biglaugh:

mkc
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I think 8-11 weeks and then a few weeks for delivery is a bit keen. Ive been told that an order for a S Line last week will not be received until sometime in September, that could be 16-19 weeks. Some people here ordered in March when the books opened for the S Line still with no ETA. If mine was due at the end of August I would rather wait for a 58 reg in September to be honest.

Your time line for stanard and SE might be spot on though

However, there are posts on here of at least two S Lines and people picking up theirs soon, so hopefully the factory lines are now running at 100%.

volmmer
06-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Order my 1.8t with both S-line packages beginning of April and was told I could take delivery begin July. Just checked today and everything is on schedule and the car should go in to production next week.

billp2
07-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Ordered my new 2.0 litre TDI SLine today, told delivery about 12 weeks, :biglaugh:

kevspi
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Ordered my new 2.0 litre TDI SLine today, told delivery about 12 weeks, :biglaugh:

Me too! Ordered my 2.0TDI S-Line last week and was told 12 weeks. I was hoping to have it start of August. The only up side is that if it drifts to Sept then I get the new reg. My 2004 2.0se A4 is on its last legs.

mkc
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Got a letter today regarding my order which went in on the 1/5/08 with car expected to be delivered on 27/8/08 so thats almost 4 months. They left off the 30mm drop too, gits

belly buster
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Agreed not much of a pattern but adding lots of options does seem to delay the delivery date. I ordered on 7th March and collect the car on Monday so about 9 weeks all done. Only options were Bluetooth prep, servotronic, hill hold and tyre pressure monitors.

MackemMan
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Got a letter today regarding my order which went in on the 1/5/08 with car expected to be delivered on 27/8/08 so thats almost 4 months. They left off the 30mm drop too, gits

Agreed not much of a pattern but adding lots of options does seem to delay the delivery date. I ordered on 7th March and collect the car on Monday so about 9 weeks all done. Only options were Bluetooth prep, servotronic, hill hold and tyre pressure monitors.

How can there be such a big difference between the above. What did you two guys order?

My order sits in the middle - Ordered 15th March due to be built week 21 so delivery likely around 12th June.

digigriffin
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I ordered on the 17th Feb, currently a build date of week 21 so fingers crossed that looks like early June for delivery.

1.8 SE tfsi +leather +hill start +interior light pack +electric folding mirrors +symphony radio +parking plus +metallic paint

belly buster
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
How can there be such a big difference between the above. What did you two guys order?

Mine is a 2.0TDi SE, sounds like the other is a S-Line which might explain the long lead time.