PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 2006 LCD screen upgrade.

Daytripper
27-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the MMI Plus system fitted in my A6 on an 06 plate 2.0 Tdi SE. A screw up by my broker resulted in my receiving the MMI Plus version of the system with a monochrome screen not the DVD nav with colour screen. I can live without the Dvd navigation but I would like to swap the screen for a colour version...

How easy is it to remove the dash and schange the screen?

Is it simply a matter of plugging in the existing wiring loom?

Can I fit an aftermarket screen that would display the MMI as it currently is. If not does anyone know of a supplier able to get the OEM screen alone (assuming it is a straight swap)?

Thanks for your help guys I am a new comer to the forum so sorry to be picking your brains already, hopefully I will be able to return the favour in the future. Thanks for you help and happy new year!

PhilR
27-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the MMI Plus system fitted in my A6 on an 06 plate 2.0 Tdi SE. A screw up by my broker resulted in my receiving the MMI Plus version of the system with a monochrome screen not the DVD nav with colour screen. I can live without the Dvd navigation but I would like to swap the screen for a colour version...

How easy is it to remove the dash and schange the screen?

Is it simply a matter of plugging in the existing wiring loom?

Can I fit an aftermarket screen that would display the MMI as it currently is. If not does anyone know of a supplier able to get the OEM screen alone (assuming it is a straight swap)?

Thanks for your help guys I am a new comer to the forum so sorry to be picking your brains already, hopefully I will be able to return the favour in the future. Thanks for you help and happy new year!

You're a braver man than me if you want to take the dash off on a brand new A6! I would have a chat with your local dealer and find out if MMI High can be retrospectively fitted. The MMI / DVD kit is all in the side wall of the boot (left hand side), and I understand that DVD sat nav can be retro fitted, and as you need MMI high, then maybe you can get it fitted.

Good luck

RickT
28-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah go back to the dealer and see what they advisor.... however i would of kicked off at them if i had ordered that part and they had not fitted it...

If it was me i would get the toolkit and take it apart and chack what plugs and looms are behind the dash.. do at your own risk!!

RickT!

Daytripper
28-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Cheers guys,

I would say that's ,me suitably put off! Kufatec do a unit for around a grand as an upgrade I can think of better ways to spend a grand though. I had hoped it was a simple screen swap. Looks like it's 60's monochrome for me. Audi didn't screw up it was the guys I leased through. Currently there is a four month waiting list and the original price I got has risen around a £100.00 a month leaving me little room to bitch. Thanks again enjoy your new year celebrations.

Eshrules
30-12-2006, 12:28 AM
pfff thats typical that is.... :P some business man who isnt content with a brand new A6 lol :drive: give it me if your unhappy :D ill take it off your hands ;) LOL

Daytripper
02-01-2007, 09:36 AM
It's been a long time since I was described as a business man :D. One of the many on the greasy pole probably covers it, thanks for your help guys. I'm sure I will learn to live without it. Happy new year to you all.