PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Climate Control on 2006 A4

bellalan_1969
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Folks

I have just bought an 06 plate 2.0TDi A4 with 15K miles on the clock. It is my first A4, having previously owned two A3s.

My question is around the climate control system - it seems really noisy ! in that, when the temp is set on the climate control and the 'Auto' function is selected, the fans blow really hard. It gets on my nerves so much, that after about 5 mins, I switch to manually reducing the fan speed.

Have other people found the climate control system on this age of A4 to be noisy ? or do you think there could be a fault with it ?

Thanks In Advance
Alan

stormneil
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi.

When the climate control is in auto mode and when the inside temperature you select differs considerably to the actual cabin temp, the climate control will use a high fan speed to reach the temperture you selected as fast as possible. You should find that as the cabin reaches the desired temp the fan speed will reduce. Also if you change the selected temp control to closer to cabin temp you should notice the fan speed reduces as it does not need to work as hard to cool or heat the cabin.

Hope that helps.

elPaulio
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Alan,

If it is running hard for 5 minutes then I would say that there may be a fault with it!

My first thought would be that the temperature sensor for the cabin is faulty and reading either max or min, hence why the aircon is constantly trying to change it!

Did you buy it from an Audi dealer, if so I would just take it back and get them to sort it.

Cheers

Paul :D