PDA

View Full Version : VW/Audi CAN BUS VAG 5053

skodaman
04-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I have just purchased (3-5-2008) a VW/Audi CAN BUS VAG 5053 To enable me to reset, among other things, the service interval display on my Octavia 1.9TDi. The manual supplied leaves the diy user somewhat in the dark as to how to use the device. When the unit is connected to the vehicle it continually refers to codes and block numbers. The manual does not indicate where these codes etc are to be found or what to input. Does anybody out there know in the first instance how to get to the section which deals with the resetting of the service interval display and also is there anywhere where I can get my hands on a more comprehensive manual for this device so that I may be able to use it to it's full capacity. Any help would be much appreciated.

Skodaman

Dave Everitt
21-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Skodaman,
I bought a VAG5053 also. Did you ever get any guidance on how to reset the service ndicator?
I asked my ebay seller, but a waste of time. I intend to send the tool back, or have you found a useful way through the menu and code blocks?
Cheers
Dave Everitt

greg123
05-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Um... why don't you just do it manually? I wouldn't use a 5053, nothing is as good as vag com.

procedure for manual reset:

1. Switch off the ignition and press the reset knob of the trip counter below the speedometer and hold.

2. Switch on the ignition and release the reset button, one of the service events appear in the display.

3. It is possible to switch between the the readouts of the service events by briefly pressing the reset button.

4. When the particular service event is displayed, turn the button for setting the digital clock to the right, "service---" appears in the display.

5. Switch off the ignition. Only now is the service event reset.

HTH, Greg.

primey
17-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Have to agree, though I think reseting it manually does flag up in VAGCOM that it has been done.