PDA

View Full Version : 84 Mk1 - Optimistic Advice Needed

mk1golf-za
04-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Hello All VW Fans....:approve:

I have been a proud VW driver for many years, my first car was a brand new 1998 VW Golf "Deco" MK1 shape, (in South Africa) you can still buy the MK1 brand new. They have right up to a 2008 model.... anyway I dont want on of these. I want a very old model, the one with the chrome bumpers etc... they look wicked once pimped.

I am about to purchase the one pictured below, needs a lot of work but it is a project I have always wanted to embark upon.

Can anybody give me some advice and also to satisfy that feeling deep down where I keep thinking I will be wasting my time that once completed this project will be very worth it.... I also need some advice from you guys/gals where I can purchase the chrome bumpers (front & rear) with worldwide shipping etc...

Thanks Alot...

marco-w
26-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Keeping any oldskool dub on the road has got to be good...
try looking at www.volkswarenhaus.de for your small bumpers and lots of other bits you might need.

gjt
22-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Keeping any oldskool dub on the road has got to be good...
try looking at www.volkswarenhaus.de for your small bumpers and lots of other bits you might need.

also look at ebay, at times u do get stuff in ebay thts decent.
gt

holeymk1
21-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Another one saved, good on you fella! I'm told theres a fair few parts which are interchangeable between the citi and the original mk1, but i would imagine this depends on model etc. Small rear light panels come up for sale from time to time to for that proper series 1 look. Get stuck in

Tom